Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Unable to Load map error.
Unable to Load map error.
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Mar 16 2010, 9:31 am
By: FlashBeer  

Mar 16 2010, 9:31 am FlashBeer Post #1



I saved my map, then went to go test it.
The lobby was normal, and so was the briefing.
However, after the briefing SC left b.net then the error "unable to load map" came up.
I tried it again and the same thing happened- so when I opened the map "something bad happened" and my map was completely deleted...

It wasn't even in the recent maps menus when you go to create a game.

Any idea how this happened? Also, how do I open the .bak data?



None.

Mar 16 2010, 4:19 pm NudeRaider Post #2

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Probably you did something strange to the map which prevented the map to be loaded. Or a random ScmDraft bug that didn't write the file properly. When ScmDraft crashes instead of closing properly the recent maps won't be updated. This does not mean that your map got deleted, you just have to reload it manually.

In any case just go back to a working version using the "backup database" in the "advanced" menu.




Mar 16 2010, 5:46 pm FlashBeer Post #3



Clicking on "Open backup database" causes SCMDraft to crash. I have already tried re-installing. Should I just scrap the old database and start a new one? I'm wondering if it's corrupt.



None.

Mar 16 2010, 5:54 pm NudeRaider Post #4

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Check your ScmDraft folder if the backup database file is overly huge (2 GB). This is a known problem but there's no fix to it except deleting the file and thus restarting the database. All your backups get lost in the process.




Mar 16 2010, 6:08 pm FlashBeer Post #5



It was 250 MB, I just deleted it. At least I have the map backed up elsewhere so I didn't lose TOO much work.
This thread can be closed.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Roy, NudeRaider, Prankenstein