Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: How to make AI do what I want?
How to make AI do what I want?
Mar 13 2010, 1:54 pm
By: oOldXman222  

Mar 13 2010, 1:54 pm oOldXman222 Post #1



Hi! I have three questions, please be descriptive.

1. Is there any way to make Computer build this building or unit that I want him to build? If yes how?
2. Is there any way to make him build something when I want? If yes how?
3. Is there any way to make him build something where I want? If yes how?



None.

Mar 13 2010, 3:49 pm ImagoDeo Post #2



Yes to all, but only in a roundabout sort of way. You cannot directly manipulate AIs and tell them what to do. What you CAN do, however, is make your own AI via triggering.

It's a little too complicated to go into detail here, but you should take a look at this for examples. Essentially, you detect certain conditions based on the computer's resources, deaths, etc. and then subtract resources and create a unit based on a death count timer. A greatly simplified version of what laffo16 did in his ZvT map would probably accomplish all three of your goals.



None.

Mar 13 2010, 9:09 pm oOldXman222 Post #3



Thanks!



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: NudeRaider