Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: need help with some quick EUD info
need help with some quick EUD info
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Feb 19 2010, 6:42 am
By: Dabbu  

Feb 19 2010, 6:42 am Dabbu Post #1



So I implemented Morth(U)'s EUD key press detection into a multiplayer map.
However it causes players to drop from each other when those actions alter the state of the game (something other than just displaying text on the screen, playing a wav, etc...).
I understand why it happens and doesn't seem to be a way around it.

In the map in question I was using EUD key detection to make a "hero" unit enter or exit vehicles.
This was really convenient since you didn't have to unselect the hero. You could hold down the action key and chase down the vehicle you want. However, it can't work in multiplayer.
In the old version of the map a reaver builds a scarab to get in/out of vehicles. This required the player to select the reaver and unselect the hero.


But... there are network synced EUDs for what units a player has selected!
It should be possible to use that. Here is how I imagine it working to almost the same effect:
[Hotkey 1 = my hero]
[Hotkey 2 = my hero + a special stationary unit]
- So I press hotkey #1, now I have my main hero selected, he is happily running around shooting stuff up.
- Then I want to enter a vehicle, I press hotkey #2.
- Now I have my hero AND a special unit both selected.
- The game sees that I have that special unit selected (all players can access that info).
- The triggers make the hero enter the vehicle and give the special unit to another player and back to me again (this is to cause the special unit to unselect automatically).
- If I press hotkey 2 again, triggers make the hero exit.. etc...
- the cycle repeats.
This seems very feasible. And the beauty is the player doesn't have to unselect the main hero at any point.


I'll try to figure this out on my own, but if someone can give me a few tips on the EUD addresses in question I'd be very grateful.
Thanks.



None.

Feb 19 2010, 1:27 pm NudeRaider Post #2

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Have you checked Fartys EUD database? All known adresses are listed there.
Also I'm sure there's some maps or topics floating around about selection detection. You should probably check the maps linked to in the stickies first.




Feb 19 2010, 6:34 pm rockz Post #3

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

http://www.staredit.net/topic/6865/

There's also EUD stuff in the sticky.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Feb 19 2010, 9:24 pm Dabbu Post #4



I Heart you 2



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: RIVE