Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Death counters not slowing down hyper trigs
Death counters not slowing down hyper trigs
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Feb 18 2010, 6:23 am
By: RetPallylol  

Feb 18 2010, 6:23 am RetPallylol Post #1



Hi guys, I'm trying to create a spell effect where DTs spawn one at a time on a moving location based on your hero. First I didn't know about hyper triggers so the DT's appeared once ever 2 seconds. Now that I've used hyper triggers, in addition to death counters, all my triggers go off simultaneously. I don't understand why the triggers aren't waiting for each to finish.

Basically the triggers look like this; the death counters are integrated into each trigger with the condition "Player 1 suffers x death of Nukes" and so on and so fourth.

//-----------------------------------------------------------------//

Trigger("Player 1"){
Conditions:
Bring("Current Player", "Terran SCV", "P1 Use", At least, 1);

Actions:
Move Unit("Current Player", "Terran SCV", All, "Anywhere", "P1 Items");
Set Switch("Switch1", set);
Set Deaths("Current Player", "Nuclear Missile", Set To, 1);
Preserve Trigger();
Comment("use sword");
}

//-----------------------------------------------------------------//



None.

Feb 18 2010, 6:28 am CecilSunkure Post #2



All your triggers will fire simultaneously, if the previous trigger modifies the game to where the next trigger in the trigger list's conditions will be met.

If you want your triggers to fire once every two seconds, then you need to figure out how many deaths you need to add so that your triggers will cycle for the desired amount of time, before taking the action you want.

12 deaths = 1 second, so you need to wait for 24 deaths to spawn things once every two seconds. This means, you need to have 1 and only 1 trigger adding 1 death to a deathcount, and you need to wait until this death reaches 24 deaths later so that the gap between your spawning equals two seconds.



None.

Feb 18 2010, 6:40 am RetPallylol Post #3



Hi Cervantes, thank you for the quick reply. I'm still a little puzzled though. If I can only have 1 and only 1 trigger that adds to the death count, how would I make it span across 12 triggers for the once every second effect? Thanks again for helping a noob out.



None.

Feb 18 2010, 8:55 am Jack Post #4

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Have one trigger that constantly adds 1 to your death count.

The second trigger would have a condition: If player X has suffered at least 24 deaths of (yourDeathCount)
And an action: Set deaths of yourDeathCount to 0. Plus any other conditions and actions you have.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Feb 18 2010, 10:14 am RetPallylol Post #5



Ahh thank you zany, that worked for me. I was trying to figure this out and didn't really understand the death counter wiki. Thank you gents! :D



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: RIVE