Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Is there a way to let computer use Maelstrom?
Is there a way to let computer use Maelstrom?
Feb 17 2010, 1:50 pm
By: CooL  

Feb 17 2010, 1:50 pm CooL Post #1



Is there a way to let computer use Maelstrom? :ermm:

I saw a tutorial map of using Magics.
But I couldn't find about "Maelstrom".

How can do that? I want to use it in my map.
I wish there is a way.



None.

Feb 17 2010, 2:17 pm CecilSunkure Post #2



Yeah I've seen it done before. I believe an archon without MC will mael bio enemies while under attack from an enemy. I'm not 100% sure though.



None.

Feb 17 2010, 4:07 pm NudeRaider Post #3

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Yeah Cecil, that's basically how it works. But the problem with it is - like with any AI dependent behavior - it might not be consistent.
Most probably using a melee AI (e.g. insane) will encourage its use.

The best advice I can give you is implementing Cecils scenario into your map and then experiment what works best when the map is finished.
Yes when it's finished. There's so many factors that influence AI behavior that you may break your working system as you go on with your map.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: RIVE