Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Making an air unit un-movable
Making an air unit un-movable
Feb 16 2010, 6:46 pm
By: RetPallylol  

Feb 16 2010, 6:46 pm RetPallylol Post #1



Hi guys, I'm trying to implement a drop ship inventory system. I need the ship to be bound to one spot. I have tried the "Move Unit" trigger onto the same spot with the preserve trigger, but I can still move it by clicking really fast. It ends up back in the original position due to the move unit trigger, but I've seen maps with this kind of system where I couldn't even get the drop ship to move an inch. I think I saw it in the "Dungeon Raiders" map.

Thanks so much for the help guys.



None.

Feb 16 2010, 6:51 pm rockz Post #2

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Use hyper triggers. Check the wiki.

Use an inverted location to detect when the dropship has moved 1 pixel, then move it back so you have no chance of lag.

Move the dropship to a location off the map (can probably still force the dropship to move a bit, not ideal).



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Feb 16 2010, 6:52 pm CecilSunkure Post #3



You probably need hyper triggers, since the person playing can order the dropship faster than the trigger cycling.

http://www.staredit.net/?p=tutorials&tut=17

Hyper triggers will allow your triggers to fire faster than a person should be able to order the dropship away.

[Edit]Lol, you probably don't want to mess with inverted locations.



None.

Feb 16 2010, 7:09 pm RetPallylol Post #4



Ahh thank you very much gents. Time to learn hyper triggers.



None.

Feb 16 2010, 8:09 pm rockz Post #5

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

It's VERY simple. Be warned, though. They make all your triggers run faster, and can cause wait blocks, so here's a few tips: Use [wiki]death counters[/wiki] to slow the trigger down and in place of any wait you might have. If you have triggers preserved, they will run 12 times a second, rather than once every 2 seconds (approx).



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: RIVE