Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: Does (a) God really exist?
Does (a) God really exist?
Dec 3 2009, 10:51 pm
By: Brontobyte
Pages: < 1 « 15 16 17

Sep 19 2010, 2:21 am ClansAreForGays Post #321

Quote from Jack
Quote from MasterJohnny
Quote from Jack
Martin Luther was the first person to translate the Bible into a language other than Hebrew/Greek/Latin. He was a priest and professor of theology, and understood the Bible well enough to write confessions based on it, and to debate and debunk the Catholic teachings.

Even if he did mess up the translation, there are many more translations, most made by scholars with a firm grasp of the original Greek and Aramaic, who have made highly accurate translations of it. There was no "rewriting" of the Bible, only translations of it into other languages.

Martin Luther was not the first person to translate the Bible into a language other than Hebrew/Greek/Latin. (also I am kinda disturbed how the tone of your sentence makes him sound like an ok guy).
I don't see how he wasn't an OK guy :O
He's kinda like the father of antisemitism.
I'd say the world is better off with him though.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 15 16 17
  Back to forum