Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Firegraft and MPQDraft Not actually changing units
Firegraft and MPQDraft Not actually changing units
Sep 3 2007, 4:10 pm
By: evixian  

Sep 3 2007, 4:10 pm evixian Post #1



Alright, I punched into Firegraft a couple things from the tutorial stickied here, and I made a supply depot that nuked. I copied all requirements and whatnot from other units to make sure that they would work. When I put it into MPQDraft, the units were the original units. Since the supply depot didn't work, I tested a SCV that could build SCVs, but no, that didn't work either.

Any idea what I should do?



None.

Sep 3 2007, 4:16 pm WoAHorde Post #2



If I'm correct, nukes are hard coded to be launched from ghosts and built from nuclear silos.



None.

Sep 3 2007, 5:50 pm Fyrinite Post #3



Do not run a Firegraft mod from MPQDraft. It won't apply. Save it as an exe.



None.

Sep 3 2007, 6:03 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #4



The tutorial's steps for running a MemGraft 1.12b patch as an EXE should give you basic information, but really that tutorial predates Firegraft by a few years. We need a Firegraft tutorial now =/

Hah, when I first wrote that tutorial, it was Starcraft 1.10 and you loaded MemGraft patches through WinMPQ via the QDP and MEM files.


Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 3 2007, 6:03 pm by DT_Battlekruser.



None.

Sep 3 2007, 6:36 pm Fyrinite Post #5



wow, thats back when I started modding. makes me feel like I've been around longer than I really have.



None.

Sep 3 2007, 6:50 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #6



Lol, I remember when I was the most advanced modder on SEN.

That was a long time ago :lol: You modders have totally surpassed me ^^




None.

Sep 18 2007, 2:20 am Syphon Post #7



Quote from DT_Battlekruser
Lol, I remember when I was the most advanced modder on SEN.

That was a long time ago :lol: You modders have totally surpassed me ^^

You were a modder? o.0



None.

Sep 18 2007, 7:38 am bajadulce Post #8



Quote from DT_Battlekruser
Lol, I remember when I was the most advanced modder on SEN. That was a long time ago :lol:
Yes, you pretty much ran the mod forum. Tho, I remember when anything mod related was taboo and forbidden at SEN. SEN was very anti-mod in it's beginnings.

Ok sorry bout the spamming, just had to throw that in there. :)

good job w/ the tutorials... they're very needed/useful even if some of them are outdated. I know Ojan always wanted us to do something for SCU's Ai section, but we just never got around to it. Maybe sometime this winter I can find time to put something together. ... Ahh just think of all the tutorials that will be needed for SC2 modding :)



None.

Sep 27 2007, 11:12 pm Fisty Post #9



Quote from bajadulce
Quote from DT_Battlekruser
Lol, I remember when I was the most advanced modder on SEN. That was a long time ago :lol:
Yes, you pretty much ran the mod forum. Tho, I remember when anything mod related was taboo and forbidden at SEN. SEN was very anti-mod in it's beginnings.

Ok sorry bout the spamming, just had to throw that in there. :)

good job w/ the tutorials... they're very needed/useful even if some of them are outdated. I know Ojan always wanted us to do something for SCU's Ai section, but we just never got around to it. Maybe sometime this winter I can find time to put something together. ... Ahh just think of all the tutorials that will be needed for SC2 modding :)
*pulls out whip* shadowflare and evreryone else better get cracking...I have some sick ideas for SC2.



None.

Sep 28 2007, 12:08 am FlyingHat Post #10



Blizzard is releasing a modding program with a new mapping program.
I dont know what it will be like though.



None.

Sep 29 2007, 11:40 pm Fisty Post #11



Hopefully it wont suck as much as wc3 trigger system...when I looked at it all I saw was gibberish about True and False.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 30 2007, 11:13 am by Deathman101.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[2026-10-09. : 2:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[2026-10-09. : 2:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[2026-10-09. : 2:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[2026-10-09. : 2:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[2026-10-09. : 1:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[2026-10-09. : 1:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[2026-10-09. : 1:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[2026-10-09. : 1:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[2026-10-09. : 12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Ultraviolet, Symmetry, MobMob