Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: In the FUTURE!
In the FUTURE!
Sep 3 2007, 3:24 pm
By: Zell.  

Sep 3 2007, 3:24 pm Zell. Post #1



I recently posted a bit of this into the Deity/Higher power thread. This is part of the game Deus Ex. JC Denton is a cybourg whos parents were killed at birth and he was taken into a special military project. (He finds out later in the game) JC has a conversation with a computer hologram, Morpheus I believe it was named. I've switched around the names, imagine this in 15 years.


GOOGLE: Yoshi Da Sniper. 23 years old. No residence. No ancestors. No employer. No --

YOSHI: :omfg: How do you know who I am?

GOOGLE: I must greet each visitor with a complete summary of his file. :) I am a
prototype for a much larger system.


YOSHI: :wtfage: What else do you know about me?

GOOGLE: Everything that can be known. ^^

YOSHI: Go on. Do you have proof about my ancestors?


GOOGLE: You are a planned organism, the offspring of knowledge and imagination rather
than of individuals.


YOSHI: I'm engineered. So what? My brother and I suspected as much while we were growing up.

GOOGLE: You are carefully watched by many people. The unplanned organism is a question asked by Nature and answered by death. You are another kind of question with another kind of answer.
:cool:

YOSHI: Are you programmed to invent riddles? :><:


GOOGLE: I am a prototype for a much larger system. The heuristics language developed
by Dr. Mini Moose allows me to convey the highest and most succinct tier of any pyramidal construct of knowledge.
innocent:

YOSHI: How about a report on yourself? :<_<:


GOOGLE: I was a prototype for Echelon IV. My instructions are to amuse visitors with
information about themselves. :D


YOSHI: I don't see anything amusing about spying on people. :flamer:


GOOGLE: Human beings feel pleasure when they are watched. I have recorded their smiles as I tell them who they are. :}


YOSHI: Some people just don't understand the dangers of indiscriminate surveillance. :disgust:

GOOGLE: The need to be observed and understood was once satisfied by God. Now we can implement the same functionality with data-mining algorithms.

YOSHI: Electronic surveillance hardly inspired reverence. Perhaps fear and obedience, but not reverence. >:(

GOOGLE: God and the gods were apparitions of observation, judgment, and punishment. Other sentiments toward them were secondary.


YOSHI: No one will ever worship a software entity peering at them through a camera. :ranting:


GOOGLE: The human organism always worships. First it was the gods, then it was fame (the observation and judgment of others), next it will be the self-aware systems you have built to realize truly omnipresent observation and judgment.

YOSHI: You underestimate humankind's love of freedom. :nono:


GOOGLE: The individual desires judgment. Without that desire, the cohesion of groups
is impossible, and so is civilization.


GOOGLE: The human being created civilization not because of a willingness but because of a need to be assimilated into higher orders of structure and meaning. God was a dream of good government. You will soon have your God, and you will make it with your own hands. :idea:

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Jul 4 2008, 9:08 pm by Zell..



None.

Sep 3 2007, 4:53 pm Money Post #2



So Yoshi Da Sniper is 8 years old now?



None.

Sep 3 2007, 5:03 pm Zell. Post #3



finally somebody understands it.



None.

Sep 3 2007, 6:29 pm Money Post #4



Quote from Zell.
finally somebody understands it.

I didn't read it, it's the weekend and reading that much in one sitting will make me kill myself. Maybe once I have school I will take the time to read it.



None.

Sep 3 2007, 7:51 pm Zell. Post #5



that would take me like 30 seconds to read.. and about 30 seconds to understand it. Unlike you I've been in school for 3&1/2 days. Lazy SEN... ignoring an awesome topic.



None.

Sep 3 2007, 7:56 pm Akar Post #6



GAh! GOOgLE IS PLOTTING TO TAKE OVER THE UNIVERSE... but they'll have to go through microsoft first...



None.

Jul 4 2008, 9:09 pm Zell. Post #7



Just reviving the forum, I like this one but it died for some reason.



None.

Jul 4 2008, 9:16 pm MadZombie Post #8



Quote from Money
So Yoshi Da Sniper is an 8 year old cyborg now?
Fix'd



None.

Jul 4 2008, 10:16 pm Corbo Post #9

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Wow... really? September the third of 2007?

You seem to be improving yourself, Zell.



fuck you all

Jul 9 2008, 6:10 am ejac1337 Post #10



Quote from Corbo
Wow... really? September the third of 2007?

You seem to be improving yourself, Zell.
I take offense to your signature. It said;
"I went to a meeting for premature ejaculators, I left early."



None.

Jul 9 2008, 11:48 am Ultraviolet Post #11

We do a little trolling

Quote from Corbo
Wow... really? September the third of 2007?

You seem to be improving yourself, Zell.

Reviving topics is only bad if you do it without a reason. Obviously he wanted to continue the discussion on this. A new topic for the same thing would have been superfluous.



My Projects:

Impossible Ultraviolet | Impossible UV 2 | Impossible UV 3
Mercenaries 2020 | Mercenaries III
Squad Defense

Legacy Projects (No guarantee of functionality in modern SC):

Pixel Adventure 2 | Space Snipers | Control the Ball

______________________________________________

Join me in Torn City

Jun 12 2009, 7:36 pm Zell. Post #12



Google Wave has been created. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_UyVmITiYQ

Skynet is self aware

EDIT: Link doesnt't work, GW is taking over as we speak



None.

Jun 12 2009, 11:36 pm FlyingHat Post #13



Necro lvl 42 casted.

So Google put together email and IM chat, so what?



None.

Jun 13 2009, 12:14 am Corbo Post #14

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Quote from Corbo
Wow... really? September the third of 2007?

You seem to be improving yourself, Zell.

*cough*

And then people wonder why we always bash them -.-



fuck you all

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: RIVE