Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Long Loading
Long Loading
Jan 20 2010, 2:56 am
By: Centreri  

Jan 20 2010, 2:56 am Centreri Post #1

Relatively ancient and inactive

It takes a while to load up SEN. I'm using Chrome, and the darker circle spins in the Chrome tab, indicating that there's probably something wrong with the connection/server-side code, not the browser-side code. Also, my internet works fine, streams from Youtube, etc, so it's restricted to SEN. The darker circle spins from five seconds to a minute before leading me to the page.

EDIT: Hmm. It got better. Before, I actually thought SEN was down after leaving the window open loading. Right now, it's loading with maybe a two second delay.

EDIT2: Also, the index page shows a post 45 minutes before mine as being the latest. Weird.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 21 2010, 3:44 am by Centreri.



None.

Jan 20 2010, 4:34 am Riney Post #2

Thigh high affectionado

I get sen loads that take hours at a time some times (At least once a week).

You arent alone.



.riney on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sure I didn't pop off on SCBW like I wanted to, but I won VRChat. Map maker for life.

Jan 20 2010, 4:35 am CecilSunkure Post #3



Happens to me too.



None.

Jan 20 2010, 4:39 am Falkoner Post #4



Especially recently, like the past week, I've noticed a lot more hangups, where I can't even load pages anymore for a good half hour and have to just go do something else.



None.

Jan 20 2010, 4:46 am Corbo Post #5

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Happens to everyone.
I say we all go to corboland :P

No, in all seriousness, it's been happening too much lately and sometimes it takes hours to load, like DM says, I just assume SEN is down and QQ



fuck you all

Jan 20 2010, 5:00 am LoveLess Post #6

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from Corbo
Happens to everyone.
I say we all go to corboland :P

No, in all seriousness, it's been happening too much lately and sometimes it takes hours to load, like DM says, I just assume SEN is down and QQ
I emphasize the QQ in this matter.



None.

Jan 20 2010, 5:49 am stickynote Post #7



Happened to me too, but not very often.



None.

Jan 20 2010, 5:51 am Excalibur Post #8

The sword and the faith

Get random long loads for the past few days.

IP, or even Dev, what's going on?




SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Jan 20 2010, 12:17 pm Devourer Post #9

Hello

Quote from Excalibur
Get random long loads for the past few days.

IP, or even Dev, what's going on?
In fact, I do not know. It only should/could hang up while I'm uploading stuff, which wasn't the case for the last few days (bleh, but I guess I'll get back to work on SEN pretty soon, don't worry.)
Also, this is probably is neither the fault of IP nor me.



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jan 20 2010, 1:18 pm Forsaken Archer Post #10



Probably? If you made a bad loop or use horrible sql usage, you will make sen load a lot slower. Check any recent code for crappy loops.



None.

Jan 20 2010, 1:24 pm Riney Post #11

Thigh high affectionado

You have angered the IP >:O



.riney on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sure I didn't pop off on SCBW like I wanted to, but I won VRChat. Map maker for life.

Jan 20 2010, 9:03 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #12

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from name:Arachna
Probably? If you made a bad loop or use horrible sql usage, you will make sen load a lot slower. Check any recent code for crappy loops.
Wouldn't that make it more effect certain pages?



TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar