Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Some more snow stuff
Some more snow stuff
Jan 6 2010, 8:45 pm
By: Howler  

Jan 6 2010, 8:45 pm Howler Post #1



Been a while, but here's some more of my custom snow blends. Here's a screenshot, but the actual .scx file contains a lot more, so be sure to open it up in Starcraft for a ground view with a ling :D

Screenshot:


Attachments:
HowlerSnow.scx
Hits: 8 Size: 61.72kb

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 6 2010, 9:51 pm by Howler.



None.

Jan 6 2010, 9:02 pm samsizzle Post #2



I'm not gonna praise you too much because it'll go to your head. But this is good. Nice job.



None.

Jan 6 2010, 9:09 pm Howler Post #3



Quote from samsizzle
I'm not gonna praise you too much because it'll go to your head.

I never understood why people say this...is it a compliment or something?



None.

Jan 6 2010, 9:17 pm samsizzle Post #4



It means if we compliment you too much you'll start thinking a lot of how great you are and it'll make you a worse person... something like that.



None.

Jan 6 2010, 9:24 pm Howler Post #5



Wow I'm insulted actually. But at least tell me what needs to be improved instead of just a "good job" deal.

edit: I removed some of the sprites in the map file

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 6 2010, 9:52 pm by Howler.



None.

Jan 7 2010, 4:12 pm samsizzle Post #6




Besides that there's not really anything wrong with it.

And i didn't mean to insult you or anything.



None.

Jan 7 2010, 6:03 pm Howler Post #7



Quote from samsizzle

Besides that there's not really anything wrong with it.

And i didn't mean to insult you or anything.

No hard feelings. I was thinking about just using sprites to cover up those areas since they are very noticeably blocky.



None.

Jan 13 2010, 2:58 am Howler Post #8



Some screens of some custom ramps (which can be found in the map file) for those of you who are too lazy to open it :P



yes they are functional.





None.

Jan 13 2010, 3:04 am stickynote Post #9



Those are pretty cool.



None.

Jan 13 2010, 3:15 am xYoshix Post #10



Really nice. Blocky, though (but it's an ice piece, so who cares?)



None.

Jan 13 2010, 3:25 am Howler Post #11



I know right...so little to work with :\



None.

Jan 13 2010, 4:50 pm samsizzle Post #12



These are great, except for the fact that they go straight down. Try making some like the isometrical ramps.



None.

Jan 13 2010, 5:35 pm CecilSunkure Post #13



Very interesting. Keep making more stuff, yeah? I love seeing new things done in terrain.



None.

Jan 13 2010, 7:09 pm payne Post #14

:payne:

Nice ramps! :D
I could hardly notice any block :P (Seems like I suck hard with Ice)
Anyways, I had to mention that it seems like 2 of these ramps seems to only be able to let a scarab pass through xD



None.

Jan 13 2010, 8:40 pm Howler Post #15



yeah 2 of them are accessible only by a zergling or a ghost



None.

Jan 15 2010, 4:03 am DavidJCobb Post #16



I'm liking the Snow->High Snow ramps.



None.

Jan 15 2010, 4:10 am CecilSunkure Post #17



Yeah, I made a tiny tiny ramp too.. Was disappointed that I couldn't get it larger and still look how I wanted :P





None.

Jan 15 2010, 4:00 pm Howler Post #18





I got it larger, but it probably isn't exactly what you were going for?



None.

Jan 15 2010, 5:23 pm CecilSunkure Post #19



That looks good, but it sticks out 1 tile too far to the right for what I wanted it to be used for :P

Still looks cool though.



None.

Jan 15 2010, 8:01 pm Howler Post #20





secret ramp (hydra accessible)



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[03:25 am]
Symmetry -- the best part is that he perfectly summed up SEN's discord
[03:12 am]
Ultraviolet -- WeirdoX4857
WeirdoX4857 shouted: Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
Joined: Yesterday, 12:08 pm Last Active: Yesterday, 12:14 pm , truly a glorious 6 minutes.
[03:11 am]
Ultraviolet -- :lol:
[2026-9-29. : 2:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar