Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Can't play TF2?
Can't play TF2?
Mar 27 2009, 10:41 pm
By: Hug A Zergling  

Mar 27 2009, 10:41 pm Hug A Zergling Post #1



I downloaded "Crossover Games", a program that lets some games run on mac. Of course, I torrented this instead of buying it. I also torrented a copy of TF2. Although I've had a few problems a few times, I've gotten as far to run the game properly, and open up the "find servers" menu, and actually see servers. If I try to join one though, I get the error "Invalid steam key ID" or something. It wasn't ike I wasn't expecting problems, but does anyone have any suggestions?



None.

Mar 27 2009, 10:46 pm Symmetry Post #2

(Killer_Kow)

Buy the game.



:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Mar 27 2009, 11:06 pm ClansAreForGays Post #3



The least you can do is buy the seam key ID.




Mar 28 2009, 12:28 am Zycorax Post #4

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

Get Steam and buy the game. Most likely you'll need to get Windows as well, cause as far as I know, Steam doesn't work on Mac. And how dare you torrent an awesome game like TF2? ;P




Mar 28 2009, 1:08 am Hug A Zergling Post #5



It was more of a test then anything. I wanted to see if this 3rd party thing worked, and I didn't want to buy a windows game, open it up, and it be completely useless.
I might buy the orange box now, knowing that it works.



None.

Mar 28 2009, 12:00 pm Hug A Zergling Post #6



It actually says "invalid steam key id size", my mistake.



None.

Apr 2 2009, 11:16 am Sael Post #7



You'd probably have an easier time with a singleplayer game like Half-life 2 instead. Call of Duty 4 is one thing, but Steam as a platform is another. I'm sure it's been cracked, but I'm also sure it's a lot harder.

Of course, the last game I torrented was Baldur's Gate when I lost the CDs.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[07:42 pm]
Symmetry -- Everybody needs somebody to hate, amirite?
[06:57 pm]
Ultraviolet -- even the rainbow mafia is getting accused of being far right now :lol:
[2026-10-03. : 3:05 am]
Oh_Man -- wtf is happening in germany now... https://youtu.be/_oR2SgGvpzo
[2026-10-02. : 5:07 pm]
Symmetry -- no u
[2026-10-02. : 12:54 am]
lil-Inferno -- u
[2026-10-01. : 2:28 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: NudeRaider non-sequitur harder daddy
no shit sherlock. I wanted you explain what you mean with time capsule (hence the question mark!), because obviously what follows makes no sense. For someone so intelligent you can be quite daft at times...
[2026-10-01. : 4:00 am]
Oh_Man -- NudeRaider
NudeRaider shouted: time capsule? you don't talk to 90s kids outside of SEN?
non-sequitur harder daddy
[2026-10-01. : 2:56 am]
Symmetry -- Talk to people? Like in real life?
[2026-9-30. : 3:07 pm]
NudeRaider -- time capsule? you don't talk to 90s kids outside of SEN?
[2026-9-30. : 1:57 pm]
Oh_Man -- SEN is kinda like, a place wher u can be pretty much gauranteed u talking to a millenial, prob born around the early 1990s, its like a time capsule
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Symmetry, Zakerozi