Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: I Found a Proof of the Riemann Hypothesis
I Found a Proof of the Riemann Hypothesis
Feb 27 2009, 5:24 am
By: A_of-s_t  

Feb 27 2009, 5:24 am A_of-s_t Post #1

aka idmontie



O wait, no I didn't.

:hurr:

I thought this was the funniest thing I have ever seen. For those that don't know, the Riemann Hypothesis states that all non-trivial zeros of the Riemann Zeta function have real part one half. The main conequence of this proof would be finding the distribution of prime numbers and PNT. Li claimed to have such a proof and it made its way to quite a bit of math websites, only to be retracted because of a mistake on page 29



Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Feb 27 2009, 5:57 am DT_Battlekruser Post #2



At least he tried.

But no, that was funny :P I had a professor who said of the Riemann hypothesis: "There's a lot of money waiting for the person who solves it, but that's not important. You do it because you love math." It was funny in context.




None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[07:42 pm]
Symmetry -- Everybody needs somebody to hate, amirite?
[2026-10-03. : 6:57 pm]
Ultraviolet -- even the rainbow mafia is getting accused of being far right now :lol:
[2026-10-03. : 3:05 am]
Oh_Man -- wtf is happening in germany now... https://youtu.be/_oR2SgGvpzo
[2026-10-02. : 5:07 pm]
Symmetry -- no u
[2026-10-02. : 12:54 am]
lil-Inferno -- u
[2026-10-01. : 2:28 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: NudeRaider non-sequitur harder daddy
no shit sherlock. I wanted you explain what you mean with time capsule (hence the question mark!), because obviously what follows makes no sense. For someone so intelligent you can be quite daft at times...
[2026-10-01. : 4:00 am]
Oh_Man -- NudeRaider
NudeRaider shouted: time capsule? you don't talk to 90s kids outside of SEN?
non-sequitur harder daddy
[2026-10-01. : 2:56 am]
Symmetry -- Talk to people? Like in real life?
[2026-9-30. : 3:07 pm]
NudeRaider -- time capsule? you don't talk to 90s kids outside of SEN?
[2026-9-30. : 1:57 pm]
Oh_Man -- SEN is kinda like, a place wher u can be pretty much gauranteed u talking to a millenial, prob born around the early 1990s, its like a time capsule
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Moose