Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Shoutbox Issue
Shoutbox Issue
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jan 23 2009, 12:06 am
By: StrikerX22  

Jan 23 2009, 12:06 am StrikerX22 Post #1



Hey, I haven't gotten around to posting about it until now, but my shoutbox hasn't worked since I've began frequenting SEN again a few months ago. As in, I try to post and it simply makes the button go gray. The text stays, I check the refreshed shoutbox, tried the dedicated shoutbox window, nothing works with posting. I see them fine, though.

I've tried on and off many times the past months. Don't know what's going on. Using Firefox 3.0.5 btw. Any ideas?



None.

Jan 23 2009, 12:07 am ForTheSwarm Post #2



Usually, when that happens to me, I open a new browser window.



None.

Jan 23 2009, 12:14 am Corbo Post #3

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Are you on carbonite skin?
I've heard it has issues with the shoutbox. Change to the default skin and try it if it works.



fuck you all

Jan 23 2009, 1:41 am StrikerX22 Post #4



@swarm: that sounds like I'd have to close all my sen tabs =P I can try it at some point, but I bet I already have in the past.

@Corbo: no, I'm on classic.

Shoutbox settings:
refresh: 0
Shout color: a00000
Positioning: bottom

Shouts to display: 15
Choose how many shouts to load in the global shoutbox. Min=5, Max=15, Default=7.

Shoutbox height: 130
Weird! You may choose how large (in pixels) to make the global shoutbox's shout display, especially nice if you like to see a lot of previous shouts. For tweaking, use multiples of 13. Min=26, Max=300, Default=91.

Shout Order: (currently not working): unchecked.

View avatars? (currently, no avatars exist in SB main): was checked. Now isn't, confirmed. Still isn't working though.



None.

Jan 23 2009, 3:40 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #5

Just here for the activity... well not really

Corbo got it wrong, classic is the one not working.



guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"


Jan 23 2009, 4:45 am StrikerX22 Post #6



really.... odd. I'll try that now and edit. Is it a recent thing? I'm not sure I would've changed it from what I had before... and yeah, it worked back then.

Yep, it works, thanks. Too bad, cuz I'd prefer classic over the other 2, but I'll stick with carbonite. At least you can resize the text/width of viewing area up with ctrl+wheel.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 23 2009, 4:55 am by StrikerX22. Reason: resolved, but sad.



None.

Jan 24 2009, 6:25 pm poison_us Post #7

Master has given Dobby a doctorate! Dobby is free!

That's weird, the only problem I have with shoutbox is that when I click on "hide save checkboxes?" it hides them, but new shouts always have them, and whether checked or unchecked they always stay unchecked...and I've got classic.




Jan 25 2009, 12:55 am Doodan Post #8



http://www.staredit.net/topic/4873/

>>Locked



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: @:@