Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Forum Game Rules
Forum Game Rules
Nov 30 2008, 4:45 pm
By: Hug A Zergling  

Nov 30 2008, 4:45 pm Hug A Zergling Post #1



Often failed attempts at forum games are created, only to be locked in a few days. I think that there should be a set of rules when creating a forum game, so there is less spam. It would be a good idea to pin a topic with the forum game rules in null. Does anyone have any ideas for rules?



None.

Nov 30 2008, 4:55 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #2

Just here for the activity... well not really

I don't think there should be any because Mods hate 1 word posts.



guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"


Nov 30 2008, 5:16 pm Biophysicist Post #3



Forum games are not 1 word posts... Mafia is a forum game and it doesn't have 1 word posts.

I think that any game that requires at least some thought and is not spam is fine.



None.

Nov 30 2008, 5:57 pm Symmetry Post #4

(Killer_Kow)

Quote
Forum games to close:

* Ones that require nothing but random bullshit. Such as the avatar game. Anything worse than "corrupt a wish" is basically great to close.
* Guessing games
* Post "x" means something, where users spam to get to a certain post or a certain post means something bad.
* SEN will no longer have a polling booth. As such, elimination polls and the type will not be allowed. I might code some functionality (poll reset & edit) so that if members get into that phase again, they can keep it contained to one topic.

From the Staredit CP. But generally, everything there is outdated, so don't follow it to the letter :P



:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Nov 30 2008, 6:20 pm Riney Post #5

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
Mafia is a forum game and it doesn't have 1 word posts.

You're right, it has 2 word posts

Quote from name:Some random dude
I abstain

Pretty much sums it up



.riney on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sure I didn't pop off on SCBW like I wanted to, but I won VRChat. Map maker for life.

Nov 30 2008, 7:09 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #6

Just here for the activity... well not really

I don't really mean "one word", I ment forum games that require few words.
Mafia isn't like that. You need to solve the clues and then vote.



guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"


Nov 30 2008, 9:34 pm Forsaken Archer Post #7



Forum games are generally closed quickly because they fall apart quickly. Example: http://www.staredit.net/topic/5269/ It started out as a nice little story, even somewhat poetic, but it started getting stupid.



None.

Dec 1 2008, 2:15 am Madroc Post #8



Yeah but a lot of times stupid=funny, funny=fun, fun=game, and closing game=not fun!!! :flamer:



None.

Dec 1 2008, 2:27 am Hug A Zergling Post #9



A lot of forum games do get stupid...could we start deleting some posts instead of locking the whole thing?



None.

Dec 1 2008, 2:38 am Madroc Post #10



Deleting a single post would ruin a lot of games, I think, like 5 word story game. Hmm.

I think that if a game is stupid, it will die on its own after a while.

However stupid forum games could get created every day and the null forum could become a "stupid forum games forum with some random topics once in a while." I dunno.



None.

Dec 1 2008, 3:03 am Biophysicist Post #11



If Null becomes a stupid games forum, then the forum game rules get more strict. Probably the best idea, for now, would be to say "Anything that isn't spam and isn't a thoughtless post-a-thon is okay", but change this is it gets stupid.



None.

Dec 1 2008, 3:25 am Madroc Post #12



I agree with ya. I think after a while the stupid games would go down the list because of natural selection, ha, and the good ones would be at the top, since people like them more? And I fully support the conversion of Null into Null+Forum Games (if forum games become popular, that is).



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Ultraviolet