Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Magic Boxes
Magic Boxes
Nov 13 2008, 10:15 pm
By: rockz  

Nov 13 2008, 10:15 pm rockz Post #1

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

How many boxes of each mineral count are there? I'm noticing the winnings tend to be fairly small compared with the losings. There used to be a page describing how it worked, but sadly, no longer. I haven't even seen a box for 200 yet...



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Nov 13 2008, 11:33 pm stickynote Post #2



The most I've ever gotten was 180.



None.

Nov 13 2008, 11:45 pm Vi3t-X Post #3



Getting 40 alot of times brings you to "IM TEH LUKY".



None.

Nov 14 2008, 12:09 am Generalpie Post #4

Staredit Puckwork

tried it once, i failed with a 0.



None.

Nov 14 2008, 2:36 am Kinetic Post #5



i havent played yet :(



None.

Nov 14 2008, 2:39 am Matt Burch Post #6



It is random.



None.

Nov 14 2008, 2:47 am Brontobyte Post #7



I still hold the top place in the looser section. :P



None.

Nov 14 2008, 6:00 am DT_Battlekruser Post #8



Nobody said the net turn on a box field was positive; as far as I know the sumtotal of all the boxes (each less 20), is negative.



None.

Nov 15 2008, 5:53 pm Devourer Post #9

Hello

it is completly random, just the "rarity" count plays any rule, like in the store...

most often: 0
often: 20 AND/OR 20-
not that often: 40 AND/OR 40-

and so on..... such higher or lower the win/loose is, such higher is it's rarity...
vi3t-x just got 540 minerals in 1 box yesterday.... lucker ^^



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Nov 15 2008, 7:10 pm Vi3t-X Post #10



I built that up over time. I was actually the unluckiest for a time, and then I skyrocketed.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 15 2008, 7:49 pm by Mini Moose 2707. Reason: Flaming



None.

Nov 16 2008, 2:43 am rockz Post #11

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

I'd kind of like to know these rarities/how it works. Obviously if you can get 540 in a box, there's some equation to use, or a really crazy programmer.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Nov 16 2008, 5:11 am Brontobyte Post #12



Quote from rockz
Obviously if you can get 540 in a box, there's some equation to use, or a really crazy programmer. isolatedpurity.




None.

Nov 29 2008, 4:12 am Forsaken Archer Post #13



$magic_boxes = array(0, 1, 2); // high, medium, low
$magic_boxes[0] = array(140, 140, 80, 80, 60, 60, 60, 60, 40, 40, 40, 40, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20);
$magic_boxes[1] = array(120, 80, 80, 80, 60, 60, 60, 60, 40, 40, 40, 40, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20);
$magic_boxes[2] = array(60, 60, 60, 60, 60, 60, 60, 40, 40, 40, 40, 40, 40, 40, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20);
shuffle($magic_boxes);shuffle($magic_boxes);shuffle($magic_boxes);shuffle($magic_boxes);shuffle($magic_boxes);shuffle($magic_boxes);
$j = mt_rand(0,2);
for($i=count($magic_boxes[$j]);$i < 49; $i++) $magic_boxes[$j][$i] = 0;
shuffle($magic_boxes[$j]); // times 10000

I believe net gain on each set is like -20.



None.

Nov 29 2008, 4:50 am DT_Battlekruser Post #14



Is there a purpose to calling shuffle() more than once? AFAIK, assigning random keys will randomize the list equally regardless of starting order (not like actually shuffling cards).



None.

Nov 29 2008, 4:56 am Forsaken Archer Post #15



You would think no, but from what I tested, it appears to be more helpful.



None.

Nov 29 2008, 4:57 am DT_Battlekruser Post #16



You're tempting me to do some kind of statistical analysis on shuffle() :P



None.

Nov 29 2008, 8:37 am Devourer Post #17

Hello

Quote from name:isolatedpurity
$magic_boxes = array(0, 1, 2); // high, medium, low
$magic_boxes[0] = array(140, 140, 80, 80, 60, 60, 60, 60, 40, 40, 40, 40, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20);
$magic_boxes[1] = array(120, 80, 80, 80, 60, 60, 60, 60, 40, 40, 40, 40, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20);
$magic_boxes[2] = array(60, 60, 60, 60, 60, 60, 60, 40, 40, 40, 40, 40, 40, 40, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20);
shuffle($magic_boxes);shuffle($magic_boxes);shuffle($magic_boxes);shuffle($magic_boxes);shuffle($magic_boxes);shuffle($magic_boxes);
$j = mt_rand(0,2);
for($i=count($magic_boxes[$j]);$i < 49; $i++) $magic_boxes[$j][$i] = 0;
shuffle($magic_boxes[$j]); // times 10000

I believe net gain on each set is like -20.


Ehhhm... so "-" has a more "rarity" then "+" ?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 29 2008, 8:44 am by DeVouReR.



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Nov 29 2008, 5:26 pm Riney Post #18

Thigh high affectionado

Today is a high day, Just scored the 140 baby



.riney on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sure I didn't pop off on SCBW like I wanted to, but I won VRChat. Map maker for life.

Nov 29 2008, 6:48 pm KyleIs1337 Post #19



O that was you dm? Lol. Well I have gotten 0 EVERY time I've managed to get to this site and try it.



None.

Nov 30 2008, 4:41 am Pigy_G Post #20



Rofl I clicked a box in a sure non zero and then it reset without giving me shit lol. I tryed again on the new box's and got 0.

Actually I might have just got 200 minerals... But I don't see how that's possible. Now i'm on the highscores.... Me confused :><:



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: @:@