Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: ATTN:Moose
ATTN:Moose
Jul 9 2008, 10:17 pm
By: 49281358723941702706  

Jul 9 2008, 10:17 pm 49281358723941702706 Post #1



Are you going to make any map-making contests?



None.

Jul 9 2008, 10:22 pm Falkoner Post #2



There was a summer contest just a little while back.



None.

Jul 9 2008, 11:11 pm EdAi Post #3



ya the maps were due by the 30th



None.

Jul 10 2008, 1:19 am 49281358723941702706 Post #4



Yeah I know. I think monthly map contests should be revived without noobish themes. I think standard map themes should be used. Example: RPG, Bound, Etc.



None.

Jul 10 2008, 1:28 am MadZombie Post #5



Quote from Gamma
Yeah I know. I think monthly map contests should be revived without noobish themes. I think standard map themes should be used. Example: RPG, Bound, Etc.
yes plz, i mean a huge problem with the community is the "omfg im too lazy tp finish this map"
doing it becuase it makes u all warm and fuzzy inside jsut isnt good enough anymore.... WE WANT MINRAWLS!



None.

Jul 10 2008, 2:33 am 49281358723941702706 Post #6



I didn't plan on making maps LOL.



None.

Jul 10 2008, 4:23 am ClansAreForGays Post #7



Anyone is free to start their own contest, and put their own minerals up for a prize. Nothing's stopping you.




Jul 10 2008, 5:51 am InsolubleFluff Post #8



I think the fact that you have to give away your own minerals to a contest is stopping people...



None.

Jul 10 2008, 6:14 pm MadZombie Post #9



i mean hey i would do it if,

A) i had already bought a name color change store item
B) Had enough minerals to get people intrested
C) People were intrested in contests that I make

gamma....I FROWN UPON YOO.

:[



None.

Jul 10 2008, 10:29 pm Symmetry Post #10

(Killer_Kow)

On the note of contests, they should not be so long. A week is plenty of time to make a contest map; and if people are busy, they're busy. But at least you'll get some maps...



:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jul 10 2008, 11:43 pm Ultraviolet Post #11

We do a little trolling

Quote from name:Killer_Kow
On the note of contests, they should not be so long. A week is plenty of time to make a contest map; and if people are busy, they're busy. But at least you'll get some maps...

I think 2 weeks to a month is a good period of time. It gives you some time to think, some time to relax, etc.



My Projects:

Impossible Ultraviolet | Impossible UV 2 | Impossible UV 3
Mercenaries 2020 | Mercenaries III
Squad Defense

Legacy Projects (No guarantee of functionality in modern SC):

Pixel Adventure 2 | Space Snipers | Control the Ball

______________________________________________

Join me in Torn City

Jul 10 2008, 11:46 pm Symmetry Post #12

(Killer_Kow)

Quote from name:NerdyTerdy
Quote from name:Killer_Kow
On the note of contests, they should not be so long. A week is plenty of time to make a contest map; and if people are busy, they're busy. But at least you'll get some maps...

I think 2 weeks to a month is a good period of time. It gives you some time to think, some time to relax, etc.

It also gives people time to put the contest off until there's no time left.



:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jul 11 2008, 1:15 am Falkoner Post #13



No, it gives time for people to make a map that they will want to play more than once, I don't want to waste a week making a crap map that will never be played again.



None.

Jul 11 2008, 1:17 am Symmetry Post #14

(Killer_Kow)

http://www.staredit.net/topic/2849/

41 people signed up. 3 maps were submitted on time. You didn't finish yours either. Clearly, too much time was given.



:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jul 11 2008, 1:26 am Falkoner Post #15



I would have finished my map had my grandma now taken up the computer with scrabble, and are you trying to say that giving even less time is going to make people have better maps? Sure, more maps are submitted, but I would rather have 3 maps I will play again than 40 piece of crap maps that made me want to kill myself while I played them.



None.

Jul 11 2008, 1:27 am Symmetry Post #16

(Killer_Kow)

Quote from Falkoner
I would have finished my map had my grandma now taken up the computer with scrabble, and are you trying to say that giving even less time is going to make people have better maps? Sure, more maps are submitted, but I would rather have 3 maps I will play again than 40 piece of crap maps that made me want to kill myself while I played them.

Will you ever play those 3 maps again? :P



:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Roy, Prankenstein, DarkenedFantasies