Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Terrain Hall of Fame
Terrain Hall of Fame
Jun 4 2008, 10:31 pm
By: Falkoner
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 … 33 >
 

Jun 5 2008, 8:35 pm Falkoner Post #21



Get your pictures for it then, because you didn't make the edge blends for that house :P



None.

Jun 5 2008, 8:38 pm payne Post #22

:payne:

Hey, could you submit my map at the end of this post?
It contains my Twilight blends so people won't need to try to copy them (still, who would use these? xD).

EDIT:
Oh, and will you remove all useless/conceptual/blocky stuff for showing only perfect blends?
Or maybe just separate those? :O



None.

Jun 5 2008, 8:43 pm Falkoner Post #23



I was thinking about separating those when I was making it, but I realized it was too annoying, and too much judging on my part, if you want me to remove a blend, just tell me which ones.



None.

Jun 7 2008, 12:18 am stickynote Post #24



An elaboration of the last thing I submitted (the high dirt to raised jungle blend.)





None.

Jun 7 2008, 12:38 am Falkoner Post #25



Oooh, I love it, nice job sticky, I might have to bump you to the top at this rate. :omfg:



None.

Jun 7 2008, 12:47 am stickynote Post #26



You can remove the high dirt to raised jungle blend, and replace it with this. I copied the previous one and made this on top of it. It looks better too. :D

EDIT: After looking at the old hall of fame, this hall of fame looks pathetic, although, admittedly, there are some nice pieces here as well. The terrain on that old one is crazy, and it takes a while for your eyes to drink that beauty up.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 7 2008, 1:33 am by stickynote.



None.

Jun 7 2008, 1:48 pm payne Post #27

:payne:

Zomg, sticky, you're so good! :D
Btw, could you link me to the old one please? :O



None.

Jun 7 2008, 7:15 pm Phobos Post #28

Are you sure about that?

Mountain Temple ~ broken



this is signature

Jun 7 2008, 7:15 pm JaBoK Post #29




There's somethin I've been workin on for the past couple days, sort of a water city thing, combining temple and ruins sorta tiles over water, with an attempt at a way off the back side of temple



None.

Jun 7 2008, 7:18 pm stickynote Post #30



Ooo... I like that. What happened to the temple on the middle left? There's a bridge going right through it. It looks strange. The back of the temple looks fine though; it blends as smoothly as you can get with temple.

EDIT: Phobos, the link doesn't work.



None.

Jun 7 2008, 7:22 pm FooFighters Post #31



Quote from Falkoner
Get your pictures for it then, because you didn't make the edge blends for that house :P
K, i will, soon



None.

Jun 7 2008, 7:30 pm Falkoner Post #32



Nice JaBoK, this is the kind of stuff that's keeping him in 1rst :P Payne, the old one is linked at the top, I believe he's referring to the old Terrain Ladder. I actually didn't like the terrain of the old one that much... Lots of it was blocky, but it definitely had a few more concepts than this one..

But it had a lot of crappy ones, like this:
http://img118.imageshack.us/my.php?image=prep61cw.jpg
I don't see why that is so special.. I mean, I see one extended doodad, and one extended ramp, other than that it's all ISOM..

I always LOVED this one though:
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/5192/index5ke7.jpg



None.

Jun 7 2008, 7:39 pm MNeox Post #33



Is there a map for that?



None.

Jun 7 2008, 7:43 pm stickynote Post #34



I wasn't talking about the old terrain ladder. I was talking about the old terrain hall of fame "hosted" by woodenfire.



None.

Jun 7 2008, 8:13 pm Falkoner Post #35



Ask Rantent, he's the one who made it, I think I remember him telling me he lost the map it was for though..

Can you post the link to it? Because I know Wooden hosted the old Terrain Ladder, also, this is a replacement of the Terrain Ladder, so it's not REALLY a true Hall of Fame, I just thought it would make a better name.



None.

Jun 7 2008, 8:49 pm stickynote Post #36



Alright, here is another one. I'd call it a sacred temple, but it doesn't look sacred to me in any way.





None.

Jun 7 2008, 8:57 pm Falkoner Post #37



Nice blending on that one, not too amazing, but it still looks good, a bit of improper terrain height at the top though :P



None.

Jun 7 2008, 9:06 pm stickynote Post #38



Lol, I know it's improper.



None.

Jun 7 2008, 9:12 pm Falkoner Post #39



Proper terrain looks so much sexier! I donno why you people insist on making it improper!



None.

Jun 7 2008, 9:16 pm stickynote Post #40



For that last one, it was improper because I was too lazy to make it proper. I'll fix it later.

EDIT: Fixed.



Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 7 2008, 9:34 pm by stickynote.



None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 … 33 >
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: O)FaRTy1billion[MM]