Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: AJAX Floating Info box
AJAX Floating Info box
Sep 8 2007, 3:42 am
By: Forsaken Archer  

Sep 8 2007, 3:42 am Forsaken Archer Post #1



Anyone having any issues what so ever with the ajax box that tells you information is sending/loading/etc? Such as, it not going away after completion?



None.

Sep 8 2007, 3:43 am Demented Shaman Post #2



On IE it didn't work, as in it would say it's loading and it took forever and I never saw the shout. Using FF it has worked fine for me.



None.

Sep 8 2007, 3:44 am Forsaken Archer Post #3



Damn that was fast ;o
IE7?



None.

Sep 8 2007, 3:55 am mikelat Post #4



Maybe users using IE deserve this for using an inferior browser ;p

We should email M$ support and let them deal with the flaws of their browser, not that it'd work.



None.

Sep 8 2007, 3:58 am MrrLL Post #5



Works fine for me.



None.

Sep 8 2007, 4:04 am Demented Shaman Post #6



Quote from isolatedpurity
Damn that was fast ;o
IE7?
No, IE6 is the version of Internet Explorer that I have. I do not have IE7.



None.

Sep 8 2007, 4:29 am Wing-of-no-Wing Post #7



I can confirm that it works (at least in the Shoutbox implementation) on Safari, Shiira, and Camino (though the last failed one out of three attempted shouts).



None.

Sep 8 2007, 12:14 pm Evien Post #8



When box is at there, bring cursor to right and it will make page wider with nothing there.



None.

Sep 8 2007, 8:42 pm Dr. Shotgun Post #9



Is the box even necessary?



None.

Sep 8 2007, 8:50 pm Corbo Post #10

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

IP, you know I told you in sen's beta it didn't go away. It still doesn't.

Why do you think I don't shout?




fuck you all

Sep 9 2007, 7:03 pm Forsaken Archer Post #11



I'm pretty sure you said something along the lines of it was better in the beta.
I'll think of solutions. Maybe that google thing.



None.

Sep 9 2007, 8:58 pm Corbo Post #12

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Possibly make us select if we do want the floating box or not?



fuck you all

Sep 10 2007, 9:26 am Clokr_ Post #13



Quote from Yoshi da Sniper
Maybe users using IE deserve this for using an inferior browser ;p

We should email M$ support and let them deal with the flaws of their browser, not that it'd work.
I believe that IE was the first browser that supported AJAX by usin that SendXMLRequest object (as always microsoft ignoring the standards)...



?????

Sep 10 2007, 12:36 pm mikelat Post #14



Quote from Clokr_
Quote from Yoshi da Sniper
Maybe users using IE deserve this for using an inferior browser ;p

We should email M$ support and let them deal with the flaws of their browser, not that it'd work.
I believe that IE was the first browser that supported AJAX by usin that SendXMLRequest object (as always microsoft ignoring the standards)...
No, Microsoft only follows them if it benefits them. IE is taking a lot of flack about its lack of following standards and losing market share so *now* they're going to start following them. Never mind the years of IE6's shitty hacks and whatever. Yet they're still doing more of the same, ignoring ODF and other things.



None.

Oct 15 2007, 9:10 am AfterLifeLochie Post #15



I dont use the shoutbox much becuase I get nothing but garbage from the AJAX popup box. Wonder why because I'm running IE6.0 and it didn't do it before.



None.

Oct 15 2007, 12:59 pm Gerrard2060 Post #16



Nothing wrong with IE7.



None.

Oct 15 2007, 5:51 pm AntiSleep Post #17



The AJAX popup is kinda distracting, why is it needed?



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: @:@