Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Gambling Box... Thing.
Gambling Box... Thing.
May 22 2008, 7:47 pm
By: KilaByte  

May 22 2008, 7:47 pm KilaByte Post #1



I know, I know. Everyone wants the coders to work on the site rather than pointless things... But Im going to suggest this anyway.

We had a kind of gambling box thing on v4. As a store item. You pay a certain amount (I forget what is was on v4) get the random moneys box as an item, open it, and you get a random amount of minerals. (Well not random... But sorta). I liked this box, and it was better than magic boxes because you can do it more than once every 13 hours, and it gave more of a reward if you got lucky.

I know, we have magic boxes. Keep them, but add the gambling box thing.



None.

May 22 2008, 8:04 pm Falkoner Post #2



I see no need for it, but since Moose is looking for things to code, this shouldn't take too long, it's up to Moose. Or Yoshi if you can get him to code it :P



None.

May 22 2008, 8:25 pm Moose Post #3

Armor: 90.50%

Shouldn't be too tough... plus I need to get familiarized with how the store works. IP had an idea for scratch-off lotto tickets of some sort. I'll look into it, soon.




May 22 2008, 8:25 pm payne Post #4

:payne:

Yesh! I want this too!
And a poker table PLEASE!!



None.

May 23 2008, 3:10 am KilaByte Post #5



Yes, now I can lose my money faster because I won't be able to stop gambling with the box until I have no more minerals.

Thanks moose.

And a Poker Table might be a bit much. But that would be awesome. Bet with minerals ftw. SEN Poker.

Scratch off lotto tickets and poker would be a good idea. But I think the best way to go about something like those would be Java (So you can actually scratch off the lotto ticket using your mouse :) I know a bit of Java and I'll help in any way if needed.



None.

May 23 2008, 7:45 pm MrrLL Post #6



Oh yeah, I remember my poker idea..didn't you come up with some sort of beta page for that for me a long time ago?



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Ultraviolet