Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: A couple suggestions
A couple suggestions
May 19 2008, 5:25 am
By: Madroc  

May 19 2008, 5:25 am Madroc Post #1



Just a couple of suggestions for making the staredit.net forums awesomer:

1. Put a view count on forum topics. This is just sort of nice to see how popular a forum topic is.

2. Using the quote thingies, make there always be a link to the original post. This is just infinitely better.

Yeah they aren't imparative or anything, just add them to the to-do list if you think they're worth it.



None.

May 19 2008, 5:31 am DT_Battlekruser Post #2



They were both definitely in v4 :<_<:

I certainly hope it gets put on the to-do list, but I think broken things getting fixed should get (and are getting) higher priority.




None.

May 19 2008, 5:47 am Vrael Post #3



Link to the original post would be splendid.
The other one would be good too.
Fixing everything that doesn't work sounds great to me as well!



None.

May 19 2008, 5:59 am Moose Post #4

Armor: 90.50%

Perhaps I can make a BBCode similar to IPB's snapback that provided the link for us in a little button and have it automatically add with quotes.

Coding a views column would be a bitch... and beyond my ability. Otherwise, I don't see it as necessary. What I would like to do is be able to click the # of replies for a topic and have it tell me who has replied and how many times. That was a useful feature back in v4.




May 19 2008, 2:02 pm Symmetry Post #5

(Killer_Kow)

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
What I would like to do is be able to click the # of replies for a topic and have it tell me who has replied and how many times. That was a useful feature back in v4.

I never even knew that existed O.o



:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

May 19 2008, 6:34 pm DevliN Post #6

Woah

Yeah, that was a cool feature. I think it also showed you who posted attachments in a thread, as well, so you could just click there as opposed to scanning through a topic.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

May 19 2008, 7:48 pm Demented Shaman Post #7



Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Perhaps I can make a BBCode similar to IPB's snapback that provided the link for us in a little button and have it automatically add with quotes.

Coding a views column would be a bitch... and beyond my ability. Otherwise, I don't see it as necessary. What I would like to do is be able to click the # of replies for a topic and have it tell me who has replied and how many times. That was a useful feature back in v4.
I would like that as well as view counts :P Code them!



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Ultraviolet