Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Did you know..?
Did you know..?
May 5 2008, 12:45 am
By: Heimdal  

May 5 2008, 12:45 am Heimdal Post #1



I was playing around with SF today and I remembered a few features that I'm not sure many people know about (probably cause I never wrote them down anywhere :)) Does anyone even use SF anymore?
  • Pressing + or - (without the shift key, so really = or -) on the keyboard will increase or decrease the brush dimensions by one tile.
  • You can edit custom brushes by painting terrain on them. If you paint from the normal palette on the left side of the screen, it will choose randomized blocks from that tile group each time the brush is used (noted by a green 'R' on that tile). If you right-click, you will make that tile transparent.
  • When you have a block of terrain selected, right click and select "copy brush size" to populate the width and height of the rectangular brush with the size of your current selection.




None.

May 5 2008, 1:06 am Clokr_ Post #2



I knew them all ^^



?????

May 5 2008, 1:18 am Rantent Post #3



Knew about the first one, but I never was a fan of custom brushes. :rolleyes:
Neat stuff anyway.



None.

May 5 2008, 2:02 am Number08 Post #4



lol i used to use a lot of those tricks but scmdraft2 got my attention more



None.

May 5 2008, 3:31 am Jello-Jigglers Post #5



Lol i knew them. Good idea tho:) Oh you should totally compile a list of tips and tricks for sf and scmd2. Like key strokes and options, and functions of the programs. (has this been done b4?) I think that would help young'ns a lot!



None.

May 5 2008, 4:11 am stickynote Post #6



Or you could get them from heimdal and si.



None.

May 5 2008, 11:41 pm Falkoner Post #7



Yeah, these are kinda nice, but not totally necessary, the only things SF seems to have over SCM Draft other than the triggering is Clutter % and Sprites. And I have a beta version of SCM from SI that can do sprites, so all it has now is clutter % :/



None.

May 5 2008, 11:48 pm lil-Inferno Post #8

Just here for the pie

I don't use Starforge, sorry :( .
Quote from Falkoner
And I have a beta version of SCM from SI that can do sprites, so all it has now is clutter % :/
Doesn't everyone? Isn't it the latest released version :O .




May 5 2008, 11:48 pm Falkoner Post #9



Nope, the latest version doesn't work with disabled sprites well.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[03:25 am]
Symmetry -- the best part is that he perfectly summed up SEN's discord
[03:12 am]
Ultraviolet -- WeirdoX4857
WeirdoX4857 shouted: Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
Joined: Yesterday, 12:08 pm Last Active: Yesterday, 12:14 pm , truly a glorious 6 minutes.
[03:11 am]
Ultraviolet -- :lol:
[2026-9-29. : 2:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar