Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Something I miss
Something I miss
May 4 2008, 8:59 pm
By: Symmetry  

May 4 2008, 8:59 pm Symmetry Post #1

(Killer_Kow)

Currently, when you press the 'img' button to insert the image bbcode, a little popup appears. I liked it when you could highlight a link, press image and the tags would appear around it. Can we have this back? (If you don't know what I mean, highlight some text and press the bold text button.)



:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

May 4 2008, 9:09 pm Doodan Post #2



Yesh, I agree



None.

May 4 2008, 9:31 pm Brontobyte Post #3



What are you supposed to input in that box? The location of the image in your computer?



None.

May 4 2008, 9:38 pm mikelat Post #4



Thats the way IP likes his bbcode, personally I like lack of javascript popups.

I personally hope to eventually have a "standard" and "expert" bbtag modes with my latova where the expert mode just prints out the bbtags and lets you fill in the information while the standard mode makes ajax popups guiding you through the information. Both modes however if you had text selected would just incase the content in question with the bbtags.

Maybe IP would like to implement something similar some day, but I think it'd be a definite improvement.

We could also look into a WYSIWYG editor but I've never personally liked those, it feels unnatural to me. I maybe just like looking at bbtags more.



None.

May 4 2008, 9:40 pm Symmetry Post #5

(Killer_Kow)

Warboards uses a wysiwyg system, I really don't like it. It also works with standard tags though, so I just use those.



:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

May 4 2008, 9:51 pm Syphon Post #6



While we're on post customisation, could you guys add MathML or LaTeX support? We often get into mathy debates, and I <3 having my posts look proper.



None.

May 5 2008, 2:31 am DT_Battlekruser Post #7



Haha, Syphon has a point, but I tend to get by with abusing charmap :P

I agree though that WYSIWYG is pretty ugly. It feels too much like word processing :|




None.

May 5 2008, 7:17 am mikelat Post #8



Quote from DT_Battlekruser
Haha, Syphon has a point, but I tend to get by with abusing charmap :P

I agree though that WYSIWYG is pretty ugly. It feels too much like word processing :|
For the sake of me possibly brainstorming a better way of doing WYSIWYG, what exactly do you dislike about it and how do you think it can be improved?



None.

May 5 2008, 2:27 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #9



I guess I just dislike having to click heavily around what essentially feels like an application within a browser. I tend to be able to get much better formatting results when I can insert tags manually than when I have to use things like the bold button. That and most WYSIWYG editors have the disturbing dichotomy of needed to click on formatting buttons but not supporting the standard control shortcuts (cntl+b, cntl+i, etc.). Gmail would definitely be my favorite of the WYSIWYG editors I've seen.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Zycorax