Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Name issues
Name issues
May 4 2008, 6:31 pm
By: xAlkalix  

May 4 2008, 6:31 pm xAlkalix Post #1



Originally... I signed up with the username 'Alkali' but I never get the validation email.
So i used another email and signed up with this one...

Well now I want the name Alkali, and I went to change it, and I have 0 name changes(but it says you start with one?), then I realized I can't use the name Alkali because it's in validation...

I've resent the email like 10 times and I'm 99% sure I typed it right(though it was probably 3 weeks ago).

If I could get some help on this it would be appreciated...

I just want my name to be Alkali!



None.

May 4 2008, 8:04 pm DevliN Post #2

Woah

Could it be in your e-mail's spam folder or something? I believe that sometimes certain e-mail providers see "Account Validation E-mail" as spam.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

May 4 2008, 8:11 pm Impersonation Post #3



My original name was impersonation and I changed it with a capital " I ". This didn't work and it used up my first name change. I kindly posted in the shoutbox and isolatedpurity fixed it for me. :D Ask nicely?



None.

May 5 2008, 12:03 am Moose Post #4

Armor: 90.50%

I've heard some things with registration haven't been working lately... I'll do some testing and look into it later.
If you still have the password for this account, let me know and I can validate it manually.




May 5 2008, 2:02 am xAlkalix Post #5



its not in my spam or anything, i added the email address to my contacts list and everything...

@ moose
I would do that... but its my password for multiple things...

Is there anyway you could delete the account and let me remake it or manually change my name?



None.

May 5 2008, 2:04 am Moose Post #6

Armor: 90.50%

When did I say I need to have your password to validate it? ^^




May 5 2008, 3:03 pm xAlkalix Post #7



Quote
If you still have the password for this account, let me know and I can validate it manually

I must have misinterpretted it.

Yes. I still have the password.

How can I go about getting the username back?



None.

May 5 2008, 8:51 pm Symmetry Post #8

(Killer_Kow)

And for the record, use different passwords for different things.



:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

May 5 2008, 9:00 pm xAlkalix Post #9



Quote from name:Killer_Kow
And for the record, use different passwords for different things.

I know...

I only use specific passwords for different things(like one for SC related things)



None.

May 5 2008, 10:12 pm Moose Post #10

Armor: 90.50%

Try logging in to that account now.




May 5 2008, 10:26 pm Alkali Post #11



sweet thanks!



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Ultraviolet, lifebot