Game discussion
Apr 9 2008, 2:29 am
By: T-MaStAA  

Apr 9 2008, 2:29 am T-MaStAA Post #1



Hey guys, I came up with a new idea that I think would be great for the melee forums. What if about every week I posted one epic pro starcraft match from any given point in time for analysis. We could all watch the game and talk about what we think the players did right or wrong, what the turning point was in the game, point out godly micro moments, the list goes on... I think it would be a great way for the experts to debate advanced strategy's and also to provide a good place for the noobs to learn about everything that goes down during a pro match. Think it would be a good/successful idea?
Please comment.



None.

Apr 9 2008, 5:56 am ClansAreForGays Post #2



Sounds god if you can get your hands on enough replays we all haven't seen before, that are actually up to the standard you set.




Apr 9 2008, 12:28 pm LML Post #3



try replayhome.com (or replayshome, not sure), which provides all the good reps from all good replay sites around. You will get alot of new and unseen there;)



None.

Apr 24 2008, 3:17 am KilaByte Post #4



It would be good if people actually participated. And you found decent replays that we all haven't seen before. But I think it would help out people (Like myself) who arn't exactly pro and melee.

Although, I'm good at Phantom. :P

AND

7v1 Comp Stomp. Lol.



None.

Apr 24 2008, 6:54 am BeDazed Post #5



Or, we could have someone that can find times at which tournaments open, and post official commentaries be posted. Commentaries are done by expert melee players since you need to know what the pro will do, make suggestions, and know what they are doing exactly. And mostly, pros are better than a average player in all aspects. Thats why commentaries don't mention what they did wrong. You'd have to see an average player to say whats wrong.



None.

Apr 24 2008, 11:52 am T-MaStAA Post #6



Are you saying that pros don't make mistakes?!?!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7FasNT0eFzw



None.

Apr 25 2008, 12:25 am BeDazed Post #7



Quote
Are you saying that pros don't make mistakes?!?!
I am saying they are just better than any average player in all aspects. If the latter did not make any mistakes, then there would be no loss and victory.



None.

May 3 2008, 10:31 pm Number08 Post #8



thats where youtube commentaries are for lol



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Symmetry