Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Post Character Limit
Post Character Limit
Mar 9 2008, 7:33 am
By: Joshgt2  

Mar 9 2008, 7:33 am Joshgt2 Post #1



Why is it that we now have a character limit of which we can't go past in our posts? I know that I am currently working on a map and have been making many changes to a post in a Notepad document and I just tested the preview here on SEN and I have about -10,000 characters (which is over the limit). I didn't not hit submit since I didn't want to post my information yet but I'm just wondering the reason for having the limit placed on our posts now. Does the limit do anything? Is it simply here to scare some people away into not making long posts? Does it really not allow your post to be submitted with going over the limit? Can this limit be removed on forums such as the Map Production, Map Showcare, and Map Making Assistance so that people can make their posts giving information that they need/want to give without a character limit?



None.

Mar 9 2008, 7:57 am Ryan Post #2



Just double post. Is it really that big of a deal?
By the way, it's a 15,000 character limit. :P

Wait, how would you use up that much space? You must have a LOT of info on your map :/




None.

Mar 9 2008, 8:32 am Joshgt2 Post #3



There is a lot of information about all of the classes and their spells... I guess I could take out the spells but that would defeat a lot of the purpose if you ask me...



None.

Mar 9 2008, 9:56 am Forsaken Archer Post #4



It was put in play because some people were being stupid and actually reaching the maximum a table cell can hold in the database. One thing I'll definitely have to do is have a limit on the parsed text (a smilie constitutes of about 40 characters in the database) so text doesn't get cut off in the middle. I'll look into it though.



None.

Mar 9 2008, 4:57 pm Falkoner Post #5



You should make the limit a bit larger for certain forums, like the Productions and Showcase.



None.

Mar 9 2008, 7:46 pm Forsaken Archer Post #6



I'll make it bigger for all forums. I already told moose if it was a problem for more then the mafia topic, the limit would be upped.



None.

Mar 9 2008, 7:47 pm Money Post #7



Quote from Falkoner
You should make the limit a bit larger for certain forums, like the Productions and Showcase.
Quote from isolatedpurity
It was put in play because some people were being stupid and actually reaching the maximum a table cell can hold in the database.
The limit is based on the maximum MySQL can hold?
or whatever other database



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Ultraviolet, lifebot