Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Let Restoration self-target
Let Restoration self-target
Oct 8 2020, 10:20 am
By: Netbek  

Oct 8 2020, 10:20 am Netbek Post #1



I know it's possilbe to make ALL orders able to self-target via Firegraft's Exe Edits. But that solution also allows self-targeting Yamato Gun etc. I just want self-targeting for the Restoration spell. Is it possible, through coding in GPTP maybe?




Oct 8 2020, 12:47 pm UndeadStar Post #2



Maybe in hooks/recv_commands/receive_command.cpp ?
There's a CanTargetSelf, maybe skipping it (making it as if it returned true) if the mainOrderId is Restoration would be enough?




Oct 8 2020, 3:42 pm Netbek Post #3



Excellent, it now works: Restoration can self-target, but Yamato etc. can't! Thank you very much!
Here's the modified beginning of the CanTargetSelf function in receive_command.cpp:
Code
bool CanTargetSelf(CUnit* unit, u8 orderId) {

    bool return_value;

    /////// OWN // -------
    if (orderId == OrderId::Restoration)
        return_value = true;
    else
    /////// OWN Ende -------
    if(
        unit->status & UnitStatus::GroundedBuilding &&
      [...]

^^Additional note for future beginner searchers: I had to use orderID instead of MainOrderID

I also attached the modified receive_command.cpp (& modified game_hooks.cpp that makes Restoration heal hp) for future visitors.

Attachments:
receive_command.cpp
Hits: 0 Size: 9.83kb
game_hooks.cpp
Hits: 0 Size: 2.47kb




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[2026-10-09. : 2:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[2026-10-09. : 2:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[2026-10-09. : 2:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[2026-10-09. : 2:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[2026-10-09. : 1:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[2026-10-09. : 1:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[2026-10-09. : 1:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[2026-10-09. : 1:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[2026-10-09. : 12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Butch