Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Request: scenarios with lots of tile blends
Request: scenarios with lots of tile blends
Mar 13 2019, 9:40 pm
By: X405  

Mar 13 2019, 9:40 pm X405 Post #1



I'm trying to do some machine learning on tile blends. And I need data. Lots of it.

The preferred format is SCM/SCX/CHK. Images won't help me much - especially if they contain sprites alongside the tiles. Ideally it's a complete scenario without blocky terrain or large empty spaces.

And I'm not sure where to start. Neither of these work:
  • The Ladder has mostly images.
  • Most links to scenarios in the Hall of Fame are dead.
  • The brushes are outside context.
  • Most RPGs contain some blocky/null terrain outside the playable area (it's a problem).
  • I recently played Inconsummate and it was great. But it has custom doodads (it's a problem).
  • Protected scenarios - I'm not handling all of those correctly yet.

Any ideas/links would be welcome.




Jan 24 2020, 8:41 am Butch Post #2

PROFESSIONAL MAP MAKER

Try crescent dyne LMAO. see attached.

Attachments:
crescentdyneterrain.scx
Hits: 8 Size: 184.89kb



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: @:@