Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Migrate from Ability Behaviors to Ability Effect Instants
Migrate from Ability Behaviors to Ability Effect Instants
Jun 1 2017, 1:34 am
By: rockz  

Jun 1 2017, 1:34 am rockz Post #1

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Night of the Dead abilities were implemented as behaviors instead of instant effects apparently. Ability behaviors are used when you want to make a button for an ability disappear, which also means you have no way of seeing the cooldown.

When I added autocast, I tested fine with focus fire (effect instant) and forgot that ability behaviors with disappearing icons prevent you from ever turning off said autocast until you run out of energy and the icon comes back.

I'm terribly confused by the whole ability-behavior-effect situation, and it doesn't help that I can't quickly convert as far as I know. Do I need to recreate every ability to convert so they have proper buttons that don't disappear?



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jun 2 2017, 6:59 am TF- Post #2

🤙🏾

I don't really understand the situation or I might be able to help, I know what behaviors etc are I just don't get what's going on here. Are "Has Behavior" validators used to hide buttons in the command card?



🤙🏾

Jun 3 2017, 10:34 pm rockz Post #3

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from TF-
I don't really understand the situation or I might be able to help, I know what behaviors etc are I just don't get what's going on here. Are "Has Behavior" validators used to hide buttons in the command card?

When I change the ability type from CAbilBehavior to CAbilEffectInstant, it wipes everything out and starts with a new ability. I just want to change the ability from a behavior to an effect without having to redo everything about the ability.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jun 6 2017, 9:42 am TF- Post #4

🤙🏾

I doubt you can do anything about that wipe effect, but it might be possible to copy paste fields from the object before the wipe to the object after the wipe



🤙🏾

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lifebot, Roy