Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Autocast
Autocast
Mar 29 2017, 8:18 am
By: rockz  

Mar 29 2017, 8:18 am rockz Post #1

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

I want to make certain abilities have autocast turned on so that they constantly trigger whenever off cooldown/buff expires.

They are essentially passive abilities (cloak, increased attack speed, decreased damage aura) but apparently adding Stats -> e_abilEffectFlagAutoCast isn't enough.

e_acquireLevelDefensive = Autocast animation shows, never actually autocasts
e_acquireLevelNone = Autocast animation never shows
e_acquireLevelOffensive = Autocast animation shows, never actually autocasts
e_acquireLevelPassive = Autocast animation never shows

If I could duplicate the shield effect from the SFE games, I would use that, but I can't seem to find an unlocked version of the map, hence I can't figure this out at all. Apparently I have to add an instant effect to allow the ability to be autocast?



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Mar 29 2017, 8:53 pm Alzarath Post #2

Praetor

You'll need to give it an auto-cast validator, such as Is Dead.

If you want it to always happen no matter what, why not instead use a behavior with a periodic effect?



None.

Mar 30 2017, 12:45 am rockz Post #3

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

I need it to drain energy and be able to turn off. For example, cloak with 12 second duration, 11 second cooldown and increases damage by 50%, or a 10 energy cost buff that increases damage and decreases attack speed with 5 second duration, 5 second cooldown.

I'm also editing an existing map that probably wasn't the best in the world anyway, so a simple autocast modification should fix the issues we have with the current map (Night of the Dead).

Imagine I want to have a Sentry's Guardian Shield be on autocast, so it won't stop casting it until I tell it to or you run out of energy.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Mar 30 2017, 2:47 pm Alzarath Post #4

Praetor

Alright, so have you tried adding an auto-cast validator?



None.

Mar 30 2017, 5:43 pm rockz Post #5

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Adding the validator seems to work.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lifebot, Roy