Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Tutorials
Tutorials
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jan 13 2008, 11:23 pm
By: Moose  

Jan 13 2008, 11:23 pm Moose Post #1

Armor: 90.50%

I'm opening this thread to ask two things of everyone:

1. How complete should the tutorials page be done before I open it? As of now, it is very sloppy, but it can technically "function". However, there a lot of features that aren't in there. I have to decide how "done" I want to be before I open it.

2. What categories should we have?
The current category plan is:
Glossary/Reference
Melee/Strategy (I may develop a "Strategy" section later on, but we can condense it here for now.)
Modding
Terrain
UMS Mapping

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 14 2008, 12:14 am by Mini Moose 2707.




Jan 13 2008, 11:44 pm Falkoner Post #2



BREAK THE DAM! RELEASE THE RIVER! \Lotr quotes

In other words, just let it out, I want more features, you can upgrade them as you go :P

And can you give an explaination of some of those groups? I mean, Melee? How many tutorials could it possibly have...

Also, add a terrain section.



None.

Jan 13 2008, 11:59 pm Money Post #3



Make it wiki-fied. ex. other people can edit your tutorial to make it better. Also make it cache the original or something, in case it's vandalized. This can all be done after though.



None.

Jan 14 2008, 12:08 am Moose Post #4

Armor: 90.50%

I'm aware of how a Wiki works. I do plan to allow editing later on, but they will be treated as "new" submissions that replace the original (and required tutorial keeper/admin approval).




Jan 14 2008, 12:09 am Fisty Post #5



Quote from Falkoner
And can you give an explaination of some of those groups? I mean, Melee? How many tutorials could it possibly have...
How many could a terrain section have anyway? Melee has countless things to take into consideration.



None.

Jan 14 2008, 12:44 am Falkoner Post #6



http://Falkoner.CoW.GooglePages.com/Tutorials.html

There could be those, for a start, terrain has all sorts of tutorials you can make.



None.

Jan 14 2008, 3:19 am Joshgt2 Post #7



I would be willing to contribute some of my time to reorganizing some of the tutorials that might be old and making them understandable for the new people that we might have. I don't believe this kind of thing is being asked but I'm putting the offer out



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar