Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Horizontal water to dirt
Horizontal water to dirt
Oct 31 2015, 8:34 pm
By: CecilSunkure  

Oct 31 2015, 8:34 pm CecilSunkure Post #1



Wanted some rectangular islands.

Can clean up more with some sprites (like trees or something). This is about as good as I can do, so I'm about to call it quits and use this stuff:









Any suggestions or watnot?



None.

Oct 31 2015, 8:44 pm Pr0nogo Post #2



I feel like SC:BW terrain always looks best when designed in an angular, isometric manner, which these run counter to. However they blend well and I can see uses for them.

Any chances you can make more variations in the top and bottom tiles, so that it feels more natural and less man-made?




Oct 31 2015, 8:50 pm CecilSunkure Post #3



Yeah ^^











None.

Nov 1 2015, 12:38 am Pr0nogo Post #4



Much, much more appealing when there's variety. Very nice.




Nov 2 2015, 12:14 am CecilSunkure Post #5












(really deep!)



Edit: damn right after I took these pictures my staredit crashed and I lost all this work. Luckily I can re-create it from the pics :)

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Nov 2 2015, 4:37 am by CecilSunkure.



None.

Nov 2 2015, 1:07 am NudeRaider Post #6

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from CecilSunkure
Edit: damn right after I took these pictures my staredit crashed and I lost all this work. Luckily I can re-create it from the pics :)
You mean ScmDraft? Because that saves your map every 5 mins automatically. Just check the backup database.




Nov 2 2015, 1:14 am CecilSunkure Post #7



Quote from NudeRaider
Quote from CecilSunkure
Edit: damn right after I took these pictures my staredit crashed and I lost all this work. Luckily I can re-create it from the pics :)
You mean ScmDraft? Because that saves your map every 5 mins automatically. Just check the backup database.

Thanks Nude, found it :)



None.

Nov 2 2015, 2:41 am Pr0nogo Post #8



Autosave/backup probably caused your crash in the first place, so I'd actually recommend disabling that, but that's your call. Same with displaying unit deaths and enabling audio.




Nov 2 2015, 12:00 pm NudeRaider Post #9

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Pr0nogo
Autosave/backup probably caused your crash in the first place, so I'd actually recommend disabling that, but that's your call. Same with displaying unit deaths and enabling audio.
I've never had crashes related to the db. But you're right, there's a known bug where it'll fill up the db incredibly fast and hit the 2GB file limit, which then in turn causes crashes. When that happens deleting the db file is the easy fix. It's a problem though, since you don't notice the db getting too large.

Cecil, you could check the actual file in the program directory of scmdraft to check if that was the culprit.




Nov 3 2015, 1:33 am CecilSunkure Post #10



Can do this type of thing too with high ground, though the bottom will likely need some sprites since there is no high ground to water tiles in the game.





None.

Nov 3 2015, 1:45 am Pr0nogo Post #11



If you wanted to make it a bigger area you could do the dirt/water and just transition it to high tiles.



Not sure if this applies to the verticality you're going for though.




Nov 4 2015, 1:26 am Butch Post #12

PROFESSIONAL MAP MAKER

Quote from CecilSunkure
Can do this type of thing too with high ground, though the bottom will likely need some sprites since there is no high ground to water tiles in the game.


High ground -> water, is this:





None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: @:@