Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Skipping Triggers
Skipping Triggers
Jul 5 2015, 8:45 pm
By: StratosTygo  

Jul 5 2015, 8:45 pm StratosTygo Post #1



I'm trying to make a briefing sort of thing, how do I allow the player to skip that trigger?




Jul 7 2015, 3:02 pm BloodyZombie117 Post #2

I have no idea what to put here... So I guess I'll just put this here.

Never played SC 2, but hopefully there's something to learn from the stuff below.

One way to do it would be to use death counts or another sort of individual counting trigger.

If current player brings 1 zergling to location "skip", set current player's deaths of Alan Turret to x.
This would make it so that when the player brings a Zergling to skip, it forces the death counter to the end of the breifing text, as long as you use Alan Turret to show different parts of the briefing, unlike scenario time or something. Even then, make it so that way if Alan Turret is at least 1, the breifing triggers don't turn on.

Unless this is an SC 2 thing... But then again, I'm pretty sure there's a way to make the above work as well.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 7 2015, 4:09 pm by BloodyZombie117.




Jul 7 2015, 4:22 pm Roy Post #3

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

The trigger action "Stop Trigger" allows you to kill running instances of the trigger. Just run that and any cleanup necessary.

To prevent the trigger from firing to begin with, you can use the "Turn On/Off Trigger" action to disable it.

Quote from BloodyZombie117
Never played SC 2, but hopefully there's something to learn from the stuff below.

One way to do it would be to use death counts or another sort of individual counting trigger.

If current player brings 1 zergling to location "skip", set current player's deaths of Alan Turret to x.
This would make it so that when the player brings a Zergling to skip, it forces the death counter to the end of the briefing text, as long as you use Alan Turret to show different parts of the briefing, unlike scenario time or something. Even then, make it so that way if Alan Turret is at least 1, the briefing triggers don't turn on.

Unless this is an SC 2 thing... But then again, I'm pretty sure there's a way to make the above work as well.
SC2's trigger architecture is significantly different from SC1's; death counters are by and large useless outside of their semantic representation.




Jul 8 2015, 11:18 pm Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

You should be able to check out Blizzard's Left2Die map. Their map introduction is cancel-able, if all players press ESC.




Jul 9 2015, 7:58 pm payne Post #5

:payne:

Quote from BloodyZombie117
Never played SC 2, but hopefully there's something to learn from the stuff below.

One way to do it would be to use death counts or another sort of individual counting trigger.
Haha, death counts in SC2.
Nice try, my friend!




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lifebot, Roy