Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: SCMDraft Clipboard Data
SCMDraft Clipboard Data
Apr 4 2015, 1:12 am
By: A_of-s_t  

Apr 4 2015, 1:12 am A_of-s_t Post #1

aka idmontie

I'm working on a SC Terrain related project, and I figured I'd jot these notes down in the forum. Sorry if it's old news to everybody, I'm just getting back into the game:

When you copy terrain squares in SCMDraft, the clipboard data looks like the following for one tile selected:

52 52 45 54 00 00 00 00 01 00 01 00 B0 4D

The first 32 bits of the above hex is just SCMDraft related and I'm not exactly sure what it represents (in ascii it is RRET).

The next 32 bytes seem to always be 00 00 00 00. Maybe I'm not doing anything special enough to cause those bits to change.

The next 32 bytes are descriptions of the size. 01 00 01 00 is a 1x1 square, 02 00 02 00 is a 2x2 square.

Every 16 bytes after that are terrain values.

Now what is interesting is that SCMDraft let's you use the shift button to copy some weird shapes. Here I am copying a 2x2 and a 1x1 block:



Here is the hex for that copy:

52 52 45 54 00 00 00 00 | 03 00 02 00 11 4E 12 4E | FF FF 21 4E 22 4E 23 4E

So the first 2 sets of 32 bits don't change.

The next set of 32 bits describe that we have a 3x2 block. And then each set of 16 bytes describe each tile, going across the rows. The FF FF is a special tile to SCMDraft that means NOT A BLOCK or something similar.

The reason I am looking into this is I'm trying to find a better way to share terrain rather than just sharing huge, unsearchable maps.



Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Apr 4 2015, 2:37 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #2

👻 👾 👽 💪

"RRET" (or "TERR") is probably just's SCMD's way of specifying "This is a block of terrain".
FFFF would just mean "use existing tile" or "none"


Based on your question in the shoutbox, are you trying to figure out how to get the tileset tile from these 16-bit values in SCMDraft? The high 3-nibbles (0xFFF0 >> 4) specify the *.cv5 group index, and the low nibble (0x000F) specifies which one of the 16 tiles from that group.



TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Apr 4 2015, 2:45 am A_of-s_t Post #3

aka idmontie

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
"RRET" (or "TERR") is probably just's SCMD's way of specifying "This is a block of terrain".
FFFF would just mean "use existing tile" or "none"

Yeah, these are no big deal to work with. I didn't even think about the endian-ness of the hex.

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Based on your question in the shoutbox, are you trying to figure out how to get the tileset tile from these 16-bit values in SCMDraft? The high 3-nibbles (0xFFF0 >> 4) specify the *.cv5 group index, and the low nibble (0x000F) specifies which one of the 16 tiles from that group.

Ok, that clears that up, I was going to ask about that next in the shoutbox, thanks!

Just to clear it up, I'm getting the raw clipboard data from SCMDraft so that I can generate a picture from it.



Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: @:@