Sling
Jan 25 2015, 10:39 pm
By: Lethal_Illusion  

Jan 25 2015, 10:39 pm Lethal_Illusion Post #1



Specifics
Type of map: Arena
Tileset: Installation
Map size: 20x12
Players: 8 (at least 2 required)
Playing field: 20x12

Gameplay
In this map, there is a projectile that will be attracted to each player in the same way that a meteor is attracted to planets. Use this to your advantage to sling the projectile at your opponents. If it hits one of the four walls, it will bounce off isometrically at 66% of its original speed. When your Zergling is fully charged, use your burrow ability to become invincible for 2 seconds. Be the last Zergling standing for 11 rounds to win.

Features
1) Map-wide pixel grid
2) Isometric wall bouncing
3) Projectile acceleration

Screenshots



Closing remarks
This map is mostly a product of wanting to see how much I remember about mapmaking and to see how simple it would be to make a calculation-intensive map using Oreo Triggers. If you have any questions or comments, post in this thread, PM me, or contact me online (Lethal_Illusion@USEast) and I will try to respond as soon as I can.

Download:

Attachments:
Sling.scx
Hits: 5 Size: 687.09kb

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 26 2015, 6:41 am by Lethal_Illusion.



None.

Jan 25 2015, 10:42 pm Lethal_Illusion Post #2



As mentioned in the Downloads section, there are still a few gameplay tweaks I'd like to make before I call this map done. I'll be testing in donuts@USEast tonight between 7:00PM and 9:00PM CST if you'd like to join and throw in some feedback.



None.

Jan 25 2015, 11:27 pm Kaias Post #3



At first I thought this was stupid, then I saw the explosions. Sick bound, bro!

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 25 2015, 11:38 pm by Kaias.



None.

Jan 26 2015, 6:43 am Lethal_Illusion Post #4



With the help of Azrael, Kaias, O)FaRTy1billion, and lil-Inferno, I managed to polish off the game, and I think it's ready to be released. It's posted in the main thread. Thanks for your help, guys.



None.

Jan 26 2015, 6:55 am Oh_Man Post #5

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Cool map boys - will play it with yall next time I see yah. I was at Australia Day party today so I missed out on the action. ;(




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[07:42 pm]
Symmetry -- Everybody needs somebody to hate, amirite?
[06:57 pm]
Ultraviolet -- even the rainbow mafia is getting accused of being far right now :lol:
[03:05 am]
Oh_Man -- wtf is happening in germany now... https://youtu.be/_oR2SgGvpzo
[2026-10-02. : 5:07 pm]
Symmetry -- no u
[2026-10-02. : 12:54 am]
lil-Inferno -- u
[2026-10-01. : 2:28 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: NudeRaider non-sequitur harder daddy
no shit sherlock. I wanted you explain what you mean with time capsule (hence the question mark!), because obviously what follows makes no sense. For someone so intelligent you can be quite daft at times...
[2026-10-01. : 4:00 am]
Oh_Man -- NudeRaider
NudeRaider shouted: time capsule? you don't talk to 90s kids outside of SEN?
non-sequitur harder daddy
[2026-10-01. : 2:56 am]
Symmetry -- Talk to people? Like in real life?
[2026-9-30. : 3:07 pm]
NudeRaider -- time capsule? you don't talk to 90s kids outside of SEN?
[2026-9-30. : 1:57 pm]
Oh_Man -- SEN is kinda like, a place wher u can be pretty much gauranteed u talking to a millenial, prob born around the early 1990s, its like a time capsule
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Butch, Symmetry