Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Adding/removing abilities
Adding/removing abilities
Jan 5 2015, 12:46 am
By: MetalGear  

Jan 5 2015, 12:46 am MetalGear Post #1



Hey guys, I recently joined back into the community and decided to learn Galaxy Editor. I was doing one of the tutorials on adding/removing unit abilities and I got stuck because it turns out the editor has changed. There is no longer the red 'x' button that removes an ability. Does anyone know how?



None.

Jan 5 2015, 8:33 am MetalGear Post #2



I solved it.



None.

Jan 3 2017, 12:29 am Wertyu Post #3



Is there some kind of tutorial or program to add delete abilities and custom abilities?



"Colonel Tom Kazansky was the best Wraith pilot in the Terran Dominion"

Emperor Arcturus Mengsk :horde:

Jan 15 2017, 7:47 pm Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from Wertyu
Is there some kind of tutorial or program to add delete abilities and custom abilities?
Well, the Editor?

Abilities consist out of Ability and an Effect tree which can incorporate behaviors. That system allows you to build quite a lot of abilities. If that is not enough, you can make abilities/effects cause triggers to fire.

Abilities are registered in the unit data and cannot be added/removed on the fly (I believe).




Jan 16 2017, 2:25 am Wertyu Post #5



Quote from Ahli
Quote from Wertyu
Is there some kind of tutorial or program to add delete abilities and custom abilities?
Well, the Editor?
Hahaha that expose the noob i am.

Quote from Ahli
Abilities consist out of Ability and an Effect tree which can incorporate behaviors. That system allows you to build quite a lot of abilities. If that is not enough, you can make abilities/effects cause triggers to fire.

Abilities are registered in the unit data and cannot be added/removed on the fly (I believe).

Thanks dude, i really need that explanation. But how could i create new abilities or at least add those custom ones to a character? For example: create an "Orange" Psi-Storm like that one in the files to download, add the effects to a new or alternative psi storm ability (to keep the original one) and add the orange psi-storm to the data related with for example Infested Kerrigan



"Colonel Tom Kazansky was the best Wraith pilot in the Terran Dominion"

Emperor Arcturus Mengsk :horde:

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lifebot, Roy