Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: How to delete actors and some other things
How to delete actors and some other things
Dec 21 2014, 5:06 am
By: StratosTygo  

Dec 21 2014, 5:06 am StratosTygo Post #1



So I duplicated a bunch of Protoss Structures in the Galaxy editor, problem is when they warp in, in game they have like 12 warp animations, I think it's because the actors for that warp have like a dozen plus "copies" this is causing extreme lag each time a building is warped in.

How do I get rid of these?

---------------------------------------------

Secondly I duplicated a building from the Warp Gate but when I try to construct it ingame the animation doesn't appear (it's that stupid dome thing instead)

I don't think this structure has a "birth" animation but I don't know how to give it one.

How do I do this?




Dec 21 2014, 1:10 pm Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

You can use the test cheat "actorInfoDisplay" to enable/disable actor debug output.

Then you can select and hover over a unit and see all actors attached to it and around that point.

You should be able to see the IDs of the actors that are there. It should help you figure out which actors are too much.

If you duplicate units, never duplicate everything. Usually that breaks stuff.

----

A Warpgate is essentially a Gateway + actor modifications for animations. So you should try to use "Gateway Birth" as the unit actor's build model. That might work.




Dec 21 2014, 4:15 pm StratosTygo Post #3



Quote from Ahli
You can use the test cheat "actorInfoDisplay" to enable/disable actor debug output.

Then you can select and hover over a unit and see all actors attached to it and around that point.

You should be able to see the IDs of the actors that are there. It should help you figure out which actors are too much.

If you duplicate units, never duplicate everything. Usually that breaks stuff.

----

A Warpgate is essentially a Gateway + actor modifications for animations. So you should try to use "Gateway Birth" as the unit actor's build model. That might work.


Nevermind, I think I figured it out, I guess my brain was asleep last night.

Also I had to duplicate units for my "fourth" race.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 21 2014, 4:28 pm by StratosTygo.




Dec 21 2014, 4:55 pm StratosTygo Post #4



I also encountered another minor issue.


a modified "Pylon" while it does supply power, it and other "protoss" structures do not use the powered up animation, they use the powered down one instead, how do I fix this.




Dec 22 2014, 8:08 am Ahli Post #5

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Check that they use the correct macros in the unit actor.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lifebot, Roy