Staredit Network > Forums > Media, Art, and Literature > Topic: Confessions of a Doughnut Store Employee
Confessions of a Doughnut Store Employee
Aug 29 2014, 7:52 pm
By: rayNimagi  

Aug 29 2014, 7:52 pm rayNimagi Post #1



The story


About




Win by luck, lose by skill.

Aug 30 2014, 11:18 am Sand Wraith Post #2



Good story, I liked the speculation on the new normal. intro good. Conclusion good. I feel that there is an inconsistency presented by the use of "That Saturday". If Scott passed away very recently to lung cancer, I would imagine that he would not have been at the doughnut store so recently relative to when his wife came in. The language used implies that the time lapse was at most a week between his last visit and his wife's visit. The inconsistently spdcifically arises from the speculation that the lung cancer would have rendered him bed-ridden. Would you kind explaining?




Aug 30 2014, 7:25 pm rayNimagi Post #3



Thanks for your advice!

I should have mentioned Scott was weak and could barely walk the last time he came in. Also, now that I think more about it, I should insert a month or two between his last visit and when his wife comes in. I think that would make more sense.



Win by luck, lose by skill.

Aug 30 2014, 9:09 pm Sand Wraith Post #4



Quote from rayNimagi
Thanks for your advice!

I should have mentioned Scott was weak and could barely walk the last time he came in. Also, now that I think more about it, I should insert a month or two between his last visit and when his wife comes in. I think that would make more sense.

I think that would help a lot. Additionally, it might be helpful to look up how long it takes for lung cancer to progress to a lethal stage.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[03:07 pm]
NudeRaider -- time capsule? you don't talk to 90s kids outside of SEN?
[01:57 pm]
Oh_Man -- SEN is kinda like, a place wher u can be pretty much gauranteed u talking to a millenial, prob born around the early 1990s, its like a time capsule
[01:05 pm]
NudeRaider -- well he is calling himself weirdo...
[03:25 am]
Symmetry -- the best part is that he perfectly summed up SEN's discord
[03:12 am]
Ultraviolet -- WeirdoX4857
WeirdoX4857 shouted: Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
Joined: Yesterday, 12:08 pm Last Active: Yesterday, 12:14 pm , truly a glorious 6 minutes.
[03:11 am]
Ultraviolet -- :lol:
[2026-9-29. : 2:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: DarkenedFantasies