Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Request: Loading-Gif
Request: Loading-Gif
Jul 13 2014, 3:19 pm
By: Devourer  

Jul 13 2014, 3:19 pm Devourer Post #1

Hello

Hey there, SEN!
Anyone of you interested into doing me a favor?
I'd like to have a gif for an external program, indicating it is loading stuff. It shouldn't be too bright; maybe have good alpha channel or be semi-gray.
A quick draft of what I had in mind:

Whereas the one lighter green thing is a tile which is "rotating"; as in every tile (clockwise) gets highlighted at a decent speed.

The Globe should either be the SC1 StareditGlobe or the SC2 Galaxy Edit (slightly preferred).


The image should be around 300x300 pixels.
EDIT: .gif do not have alpha channel? I have no experience with animated pictures creation by the way.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 13 2014, 3:40 pm by Devourer.



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jul 13 2014, 6:27 pm Swampfox Post #2



Where would one get a high quality SEN globe?

EDIT: Ahh, found it - http://www.staredit.net/w/senglobe.png

EDIT: Here, my attempt


Attachments:
output_VeRLDh.gif
Hits: 1 Size: 175.18kb

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jul 13 2014, 8:06 pm by Swampfox.



None.

Jul 13 2014, 8:10 pm Devourer Post #3

Hello

Aww yeah, this is pretty much what I had in mind except for [s]one thing! Can you make it (by far) darker? Also, there appears to be a small white border around the globe. Think you can get rid of it?
And maybe, rotate the globe by 45° so the "grid"-part is facing bottom left? could look better, I guess :)

Other than that, great work.



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jul 13 2014, 9:43 pm Swampfox Post #4



The border seems to be an issue with the .gif file format, being unable to render partial transparency, so the antialiasing doesnt work.

Here's a couple more:


http://gifmaker.me/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2014071308FFgsWbHkN7ziQsOcUhEA26&file=output_0BRiyZ.gif


http://gifmaker.me/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=201407130823IRaT4IMnKLbt9QbonkvD&file=output_NwsP1A.gif


Another cool one that has partially transparent rings, but as i stated above, it wont work when animated as a .gif (this is one of the 8 base .png files).


I wanted to upload the origninal .png files so you can see how the quality is degraded in the .gifs. I'm a noob at this too, so maybe you'll want to consider animating with a different format. I was browsing around and there are better ones you can use, they just may not be as widely supported.



None.

Jul 13 2014, 9:55 pm Devourer Post #5

Hello

Well, I could accept a loss of image-quality, since the image is shown for a very very short time.
Anyways; it is too bright - by far.
EDIT: Also, maybe a bit faster?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 13 2014, 10:02 pm by Devourer.



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jul 14 2014, 12:53 am Swampfox Post #6




http://gifmaker.me/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=20140713111vOvQ92bvIktrZH4rypiaO&file=output_QJzMBf.gif


http://gifmaker.me/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2014071312E3dDGnCSrnUJk32WgIIkGG&file=output_Z5hDkV.gif

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 14 2014, 1:21 am by Swampfox.



None.

Jul 14 2014, 1:43 am Devourer Post #7

Hello

The last one looks very good and is fitting nice.
I guess I will use that one. Thank you very much!



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jul 14 2014, 3:40 am Swampfox Post #8




http://gifmaker.me/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2014071314WZ0ZTA3fhR819htQSwf5GU&file=output_qxZbhM.gif

Makes me think, why not just a solid ring that spins... one sec!


http://gifmaker.me/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2014071315xEVhTHT177bybf9GdZysNE&file=output_8aUAjg.gif

That looks kinda cool :)

Rolling Sen


Lol, I'm just having too much fun with this.


lol...


Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Jul 14 2014, 4:40 am by Swampfox.



None.

Jul 14 2014, 4:59 am Roy Post #9

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Here's my humble attempt:


Or, alternatively:





Jul 14 2014, 10:14 am Devourer Post #10

Hello

Quote from Swampfox
Rolling Sen


Lol, I'm just having too much fun with this.


lol...
Haha :lol:
god I do not regret creating this topic, he.
Quote from Roy
Here's my humble attempt:


Or, alternatively:


Anyways, Roy, thank you very much. It is like swampfox, but it is more polished.



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jul 14 2014, 8:13 pm Roy Post #11

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

I'm back with some HD (300x300) loader gifs:

Full:


No Grid:


Cartoony:


Dark Theme:





Jul 14 2014, 11:15 pm Azrael Post #12



Quote from Roy

Wow.




Jul 15 2014, 1:08 am rayNimagi Post #13



These are great! What project is this for?



Win by luck, lose by skill.

Jul 15 2014, 4:45 am Roy Post #14

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Alright, one more. Because someone who shall not be named was complaining that my last ones have too many pegs:






Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
[2026-9-24. : 8:12 pm]
Ultraviolet -- do you even lift bro?
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lopingadoring