Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Simulate "Tileset-Index"
Simulate "Tileset-Index"
Jun 6 2014, 11:25 am
By: Devourer  

Jun 6 2014, 11:25 am Devourer Post #1

Hello

If I were to create a room-like map (see The Puzzling and Dungeon Escape), it would be of good use to be able to do something similar to the tilesetindex to the terrain.

Now, in SC2, I am afraid there is no easy option to do this, or am I mistaken?
Like: is it possible to either reduce the 'cliff-size' or to have like squares to have a different texture?
For the latter, I could use like "Movement-Blocker" to prevent from walking over it (there probably is some way to block sight as well).
I just need like a way to have the terrain look equal/similar to the tileset-index-terrain of SC1.

I do not want to use one unit for each tile (make a unit model looking like a wall tile)

Any ideas? Concept maps? Help?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 6 2014, 11:39 am by Devourer.



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jun 6 2014, 11:45 am Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Cliff modifications:
- no, except for using up to 4 cliff types in a map

different texture:
- you can change textures of a decal actor and place it (you might run into problems with lowest graphic settings not rendering those)

blocking sight:
- footprints can block vision (and also block pathing). Minimal area for vision blocking: 1x1 terrain cells
(footprints have three layers: collision, check and apply. The apply one is required. There are 4 sets all with a different color that you can draw on the footprint, so first define a set, second select it, third draw on your footprint)
- a little extra, if you have walkable vision blockers, use the shrub footprint flag to allow vision through all connected vision blockers (as the brushes in MOBAs)

Other terrain modifications:
-terrain deformer actors can alter the visual height of terrain (e.g. I use them to create the lava rivers in the caves in my diablo map)
- you can change water states




Jun 6 2014, 11:56 am Devourer Post #3

Hello

So there is no way of reducing the cliff-size, as in make them smaller in width?
I'd like to be able to create like a 1x1 cliff which would be as wide as a goliath for example.



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jun 6 2014, 12:03 pm Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from Devourer
So there is no way of reducing the cliff-size, as in make them smaller in width?
I'd like to be able to create like a 1x1 cliff which would be as wide as a goliath for example.
no.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lifebot, Roy