Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Resources / Articles for ability chagres
Resources / Articles for ability chagres
May 29 2014, 2:41 pm
By: Dabbu  

May 29 2014, 2:41 pm Dabbu Post #1



This is most likely done through the data editor, but will over-lap with the triggers as well.
I'd like to have a unit's command card have buttons that have a charge (counter) and I can replenish this via triggers.
This would be like how in the campaign Jimmy can pick up grenades.

I'd like to have the icons be non-interactive so they are used to give the player a quick read on their ammo pool for that unit.

Can anyone give me a link to a decent tutorial about this?
Thanks.



None.

May 29 2014, 7:27 pm Devourer Post #2

Hello

In theory, can't you just create a ability with charges and make it have a requirement so it is grayed out in the command card?
I may create a map to test this out when I have time later (tomorrow, or the day after).



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

May 29 2014, 10:26 pm Dabbu Post #3



Yea that should work.
I was thinking of doing the flat icon buttons, like how Colossi/Reapers have the cliff walk/jump icon but it's not a button nor is it disabled.



None.

May 30 2014, 7:15 am TF- Post #4

🤙🏾

Quote from Dabbu
Yea that should work.
I was thinking of doing the flat icon buttons, like how Colossi/Reapers have the cliff walk/jump icon but it's not a button nor is it disabled.

I don't think that will work, those are Passive buttons which can't be given commands to link them to an ability, the most you can do is put a requirement on them to grey them out.

Also you shouldn't necessarily have to disable the ability and thus grey out the button, just make sure the charges ability is of the Effect Instant type and that it doesn't do anything or consume any charges when used, then nothing happens when you click it and it's not greyed out either.



🤙🏾

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lifebot, Roy