Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Scaling up terrain
Scaling up terrain
Jun 26 2013, 7:56 am
By: Veta  

Jun 26 2013, 7:56 am Veta Post #1



hi, I wanted to scale up some of my favorite melee terrains but I'm not sure there's an easy way beyond laboriously remaking them. For example, this map is 128x128 but I would like to keep the same layout and make it 256x256.





None.

Jun 26 2013, 8:19 am NudeRaider Post #2

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Veta
hi, I wanted to scale up some of my favorite melee terrains but I'm not sure there's an easy way beyond laboriously remaking them.
Nope, no easy way.




Jun 26 2013, 8:31 am Veta Post #3



thanks, thats a shame



None.

Jun 26 2013, 10:14 am Lanthanide Post #4



Shouldn't be too hard for someone to whip up a program that would do that. Basically just duplicate every tile block by 2 vertically and horizontally. I don't have the skills or knowledge to do that myself. Best bet would be Farty or jjf28, if you asked them nicely.

It would be pretty rough - cliffs and ramps and things in particular would get pretty messed up, but it would do probably 80% of the work, and you could tidy it up from there.



None.

Jun 26 2013, 11:38 am Veta Post #5



Quote from Lanthanide
Shouldn't be too hard for someone to whip up a program that would do that.
...
It would be pretty rough - cliffs and ramps and things in particular would get pretty messed up, but it would do probably 80% of the work, and you could tidy it up from there.
That's what I was thinking too. I started doing it by hand and I'm already considering trying to make a macro. Mr. Farty or jjf28's expertise would be welcomed.



None.

Jun 26 2013, 4:37 pm jjf28 Post #6

Cartography Artisan

I really don't think you'll find the output from such a blunt transformation very thrilling, regardless, here's a program that can do it...

LMK if you have any problems with it.

Edit: now moves units/doodads/sprites as well.

Attachments:
TerrainScale.exe
Hits: 5 Size: 155.5kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 26 2013, 4:56 pm by jjf28.



TheNitesWhoSay - Clan Aura - github

Reached the top of StarCraft theory crafting 2:12 AM CST, August 2nd, 2014.

Jun 26 2013, 7:45 pm Veta Post #7



Wow not bad, it'll take some cleaning up but it saved me a lot of time. Thanks jjf28!



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: MobMob