Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Arc Guide Targeting
Arc Guide Targeting
Mar 17 2013, 11:24 am
By: DevliN  

Mar 17 2013, 11:24 am DevliN Post #1

Woah

Since my old Laser Target Splat cursors stopped working, I figured I'd switch to the new Arc actors for my laser guides. Though they work really well in theory, I'm having two issues with them that I can't seem to figure out.

1. If I move my cursor outside the range of the ability, the laser detaches (for lack of a better word) from the source unit and follows the cursor. Is there a way to make it fixed to the source unit so this doesn't happen?

2. I added events to the actor to make it Destroy when the targeting is off, but sometimes the line remains visible for a second regardless. Is there a good way to effectively prevent it from showing up after I click my target?



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Mar 17 2013, 12:06 pm Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from DevliN
1. If I move my cursor outside the range of the ability, the laser detaches (for lack of a better word) from the source unit and follows the cursor. Is there a way to make it fixed to the source unit so this doesn't happen?
Raise the range in the ability. If it is 500, the beam stays on the caster.




Mar 17 2013, 6:12 pm DevliN Post #3

Woah

Ah, wow, that was easy. Haha. Thanks.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Mar 17 2013, 9:39 pm payne Post #4

:payne:

Quote from DevliN
2. I added events to the actor to make it Destroy when the targeting is off, but sometimes the line remains visible for a second regardless. Is there a good way to effectively prevent it from showing up after I click my target?
In the Actor Events, change the "Destroy.Normal" to "Destroy.Immediate" (I believe).



None.

Mar 17 2013, 10:29 pm Ahli Post #5

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Oh, also, I've heard that the campaign uses something like that somewhere. I would check out what Blizzard is doing. Obviously that might be the optimal solution with the target marker destruction.




Mar 17 2013, 11:13 pm DevliN Post #6

Woah

Quote from payne
Quote from DevliN
2. I added events to the actor to make it Destroy when the targeting is off, but sometimes the line remains visible for a second regardless. Is there a good way to effectively prevent it from showing up after I click my target?
In the Actor Events, change the "Destroy.Normal" to "Destroy.Immediate" (I believe).
It's already set to that. I have a lot of events to remove it set up, but sometimes it lingers for a second.

Quote from Ahli
Oh, also, I've heard that the campaign uses something like that somewhere. I would check out what Blizzard is doing. Obviously that might be the optimal solution with the target marker destruction.
Hmm I don't remember ever seeing it used in the Campaign. There's a different wide 3-part beam that is used as a targeting feature, though. Maybe that's what you heard about?

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 17 2013, 11:25 pm by DevliN.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lifebot