Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: SC2 News Feed
SC2 News Feed
Feb 27 2013, 10:36 pm
By: CloudWolf  

Feb 27 2013, 10:36 pm CloudWolf Post #1



I've been working on a gaming news feed plugin and wanted to ping this your way in case you guys are interested in this ;)

In a nut shell, as part of my latest project, I've set up a gaming news plugin which can be added to any site via an iframe. For example, see http://www.udmod.com (right hand sidebar).

Was wondering whether you guys would be interested in having an sc2 news feed on your site? If so, you can obtain one from:

http://www.engamer.net/news/plugin/2

Just a suggestion ofc! No worries if you have other plans :)

cw out!



None.

Feb 27 2013, 11:48 pm Roy Post #2

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Our current news feed is Ahli. :P

This sounds awesome. Thank you for sharing!




Feb 28 2013, 1:37 am Ahli Post #3

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from Roy
Our current news feed is Ahli. :P
:awesome:
ok, as a moderator, I should write more than 1 smily :D

Does it get more news than only the ones from Blizzard? I suppose so, but I only saw Blizzard's ones with a brief look.




Feb 28 2013, 7:07 pm CloudWolf Post #4



Quote from Ahli
Quote from Roy
Our current news feed is Ahli. :P
:awesome:
ok, as a moderator, I should write more than 1 smily :D

Does it get more news than only the ones from Blizzard? I suppose so, but I only saw Blizzard's ones with a brief look.

At the moment it only displays official news posted by Blizzard :)



None.

Feb 28 2013, 9:03 pm UnholyUrine Post #5



I like the idea of a community driven news feed for SC2.
personally, I don't feel like sc2 deserves it at the moment, but I definitely support this sort of stuff.

Go You!



None.

Mar 1 2013, 4:15 am NudeRaider Post #6

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from UnholyUrine
I like the idea of a community driven news feed for SC2.
Except he just said it was Blizzard driven.




Mar 5 2013, 5:23 pm CloudWolf Post #7



Quote from NudeRaider
Quote from UnholyUrine
I like the idea of a community driven news feed for SC2.
Except he just said it was Blizzard driven.

Exactly right ;)

The idea behind the feed is to provide an automated method of reporting official SC2 news on your site without having to spend time maintaining this manually :)



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
[2026-9-24. : 8:12 pm]
Ultraviolet -- do you even lift bro?
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lopingadoring