Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [SOLVED] Behavior attaching animation
[SOLVED] Behavior attaching animation
Feb 21 2013, 1:06 am
By: payne  

Feb 21 2013, 1:06 am payne Post #1

:payne:

I want any unit having a specific behavior to have a certain model (animation or whatever) attached somewhere specific.
The last time I did that, I had to create 2 individual events for every single unit's actor and it took years. I'm sure there is a faster way.

And while we're at it, that last time I did that, I attached the thing overhead, but the place I'd really want it to be attached to would be the butt (it's flames animation, representing a speed boost, hehe). What is the name of that attachment point? And is there a way to make it face the opposite way of the facing direction of the unit (or it's done automatically?).

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Feb 24 2013, 2:50 pm by payne.



None.

Feb 22 2013, 9:23 am payne Post #2

:payne:

I'm pretty sure there is a way to do that. Anyone mind sharing the knowledge?



None.

Feb 22 2013, 9:52 am TF- Post #3

🤙🏾

Check the Fungal Growth's actors until you find the one that attaches the model to affected units, then check the events and just copy that.
On the same actor you can see Host Operations (or a field called something like that) which defines where it's attached.

Chances are most units don't have a butt attachment point, so just attach it to the center like Fungal Growth, if the unit moves fast enough it will still leave a visible trail.



🤙🏾

Feb 23 2013, 11:59 am payne Post #4

:payne:

Solved.

Created a BuffContinuous type of Actor linked to a PersistentSpellFX type of (Generic) Model (in which you select your Model, and set the Auto Scale value if you need one).
Set up your Behvaior-related Events in the BuffContinuous (Beh.x.On->Create, Beh.x.Off->Destroy).
Actor: Host Site Operations: SOpAttachOverhead, Host: _Selectable.

Pretty straightforward. :)



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lifebot