Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Strings and Catalog Data
Strings and Catalog Data
Feb 20 2013, 11:04 am
By: payne  

Feb 20 2013, 11:04 am payne Post #1

:payne:

Can someone explain to me how to work with Strings and Catalog Data stuff?

I am currently trying to create an ability that will reset the cooldown of the 3 abilities situated on the left of the last row of buttons of the command card of the targeted unit.
In addition to that, the next time the targeted unit will cast any of those 3 abilities, it will cost it 0 energy (instead of 'x' amount). Once it casted an ability, the effect should wear off and everything should cost the same amount as it did before (and cooldowns shouldn't be restored to the value they were at before the ability was casted on the unit: they should stay to 0, except for the "free ability" the targeted unit got to cast).
The ability would allow the targeted unit to cast its ability for free, but this unit would have 6 seconds to do so.

Here is what I have done so far: EffectTarget Ability linked to an ApplyBehavior Effect linked to a Buff Behavior. The Buff Behavior lasts 6 seconds and basically acts as a dummy.
I made a trigger that uses the "Unit Behavior Change" Event ("Unit - Any Unit has Medic - Temporary Restoration (Dummy) change Any"), but I have no idea how to make the triggers...
I know using Strings and Catalog Data is most probably the most efficient and less tedious way of doing this. Can anyone help me understand those?

Thanks. :)



None.

Feb 22 2013, 9:22 am payne Post #2

:payne:

Any help? :(



None.

Feb 22 2013, 9:53 am TF- Post #3

🤙🏾

For starters a lot of the fields that catalog triggers list can't actually be changed with the catalog trigger, secondly I'm not sure what the 'behavior change' trigger does or if it does anything (it's a recent addition).
I would make it so the behavior has an Initial Effect defined or whatever that field is called, and make your trigger detect that dummy effect with an Effect Used event, then you use Triggering Effect Unit in the rest of the trigger.



🤙🏾

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lifebot