Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Energy Fountain
Energy Fountain
Dec 18 2012, 5:02 am
By: payne  

Dec 18 2012, 5:02 am payne Post #1

:payne:

God I hate the Data Editor.

I copied Medic's Heal ability to adapt it so that it takes away energy from a building that is supposed to act as an "Energy Fountain" to give back energy to nearby spellcasters.
I added a "Has Energy" flag, and a few "Has Energy" validators here and there.

Tested it, and my Dark Shrine has the ability, I can target spellcasters properly and it won't send any error message, but the ability itself won't do anything. No energy transfer.

Grrr!

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 20 2012, 10:53 pm by payne.



None.

Dec 18 2012, 10:23 am Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Solved.

Attachments:
energyTransferingBuilding.SC2Map
Hits: 2 Size: 10.08kb




Dec 20 2012, 5:49 am payne Post #3

:payne:

Only one problem that I found out with your solution Ahli:

If an Infestor comes in range with energy missing, burrows while it's being healed, and moves out of range, the Fountain will keep healing until it runs out of energy, no matter how far the unit is. Also, once it runs out of energy, the healing stops, but the Sound and the small Animation over the unit are both still there until the player gets healed again.
The same happens when a Ghost gets in range, cloaks, and moves away.

How to fix that?

P.S. Currently, it starts healing the unit is cloaked initially, but not if it's burrowed. I'd like it to start healing even if the unit is burrowed.



None.

Dec 28 2012, 8:51 am payne Post #4

:payne:

I still need to fix that problem. It's rather major since those Energy Fountains are a quite pivotal feature of my map, and the "exploit" can be used in many different places.



None.

Dec 28 2012, 8:46 pm LoveLess Post #5

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

The problem may be that you lack a Validator for the range of the unit being restored energy. Simply create a new Detect Range Validator.

Compare: Less Than
Other Unit: Target
Unit: Caster
Value: [Insert Desired Range]

And then throw it on the heal effect as both a Validator and a Periodic Validator. Note that if I am right, that I pulled this out of my ass.



None.

Dec 30 2012, 7:33 am payne Post #6

:payne:

Quote from LoveLess
The problem may be that you lack a Validator for the range of the unit being restored energy. Simply create a new Detect Range Validator.

Compare: Less Than
Other Unit: Target
Unit: Caster
Value: [Insert Desired Range]

And then throw it on the heal effect as both a Validator and a Periodic Validator. Note that if I am right, that I pulled this out of my ass.
This doesn't solve the fact that I want burrowed and cloaked units to be healed too.
Also, I tried it, and my Fountain just doesn't heal anymore with that Validator applied. :/



None.

Jan 6 2013, 12:18 am payne Post #7

:payne:

Solved.

The Validator type is "Location Range", and not "Detect Range". ;D



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lifebot