Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Vultures passing through Force Fields
Vultures passing through Force Fields
Dec 13 2012, 11:56 am
By: payne  

Dec 13 2012, 11:56 am payne Post #1

:payne:

Title says it all.

I do not want Vultures to pass through Force Fields.
I have absolutely no idea why they do. And I haven't modified anything about them in the Data Editor.

What do?



None.

Dec 13 2012, 12:07 pm TF- Post #2

🤙🏾

That junk sounds familiar, you probably want to copy the entire Collide/Collide With unit property field from a unit that can't pass through forcefields to the Vulture.



🤙🏾

Dec 13 2012, 2:54 pm Ahli Post #3

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

It's what TF said.
Check the unit's collision flags. Tick the one labeled as Forcefield.
They need ground ticked, too.




Dec 13 2012, 6:42 pm payne Post #4

:payne:

Where are the unit's collision flags? :/

EDIT: This actually happens for every single unit that comes from the non-melee dependencies (BroodWar units and Heroes).
Will I have to do that one every single unit? Or is there a way to fix it all at once?

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Dec 13 2012, 8:36 pm by payne.



None.

Dec 14 2012, 7:54 am Ahli Post #5

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from payne
Where are the unit's collision flags? :/

EDIT: This actually happens for every single unit that comes from the non-melee dependencies (BroodWar units and Heroes).
Will I have to do that one every single unit? Or is there a way to fix it all at once?
You have to do that for every unit.
If you don't want units being able to walk over and destroy forcefields, you could add the ground flag to forcefield, I believe.




Dec 14 2012, 9:06 am payne Post #6

:payne:

Quote from Ahli
You have to do that for every unit.
Damnit Blizzard!

So huh... where are the unit's collision flags? :jaff:



None.

Dec 14 2012, 10:36 am Ahli Post #7

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Unit tab, select a unit, search collide in the right panel...




Dec 14 2012, 11:26 am payne Post #8

:payne:

Quote from Ahli
Unit tab, select a unit, search collide in the right panel...
I was looking into Movers and stuff.
-.-

God I hate the Data Editor.

Thanks though. I'll look into that shortly.

EDIT:
Done :lock:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 14 2012, 11:38 pm by payne.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lifebot