Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [SOLVED] Getting a computer to nuke
[SOLVED] Getting a computer to nuke
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Dec 12 2012, 1:47 am
By: payne  

Dec 12 2012, 1:47 am payne Post #1

:payne:

Title says it all.
The unit the computer is using is a Ghost.

I tried giving a "Weapon - Nuke" cargo unit to that specific Ghost and ordering it to Nuke in a Region, but it didn't work.



None.

Dec 12 2012, 2:43 am Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Nuke uses a calldown effect. That is used in combination of an Arm Magazine ability that defines a calldown effect.

Then the nuke calls a persistent that basically does everything you need for a nuke.

So, you can drop nukes without having to build nukes somewhere else with the following modification:
- remove the requirement "has nuke" in the command section of the ability
- change the effect to "Ghost - Nuke (Persistent)"
- remove the suicide effect used somewhere in it (else ghost is killed)
- remove the launch actor (else, it's played at ghost)




Dec 12 2012, 2:59 am payne Post #3

:payne:

Would this affect all of the Nukes?

I have a level where -players- are using Nukes.

EDIT: And I'd like to cast that Nuke via triggers if possible.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 12 2012, 3:12 am by payne.



None.

Dec 12 2012, 12:09 pm Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Can't you just give the computer ghost academies and order them to build nukes?

When they are ready, you can order a Ghost to nuke a point with "Order unit" trigger action. Click on the "(" to change the type of the order.




Dec 12 2012, 11:38 pm payne Post #5

:payne:

Quote from Ahli
Can't you just give the computer ghost academies and order them to build nukes?

When they are ready, you can order a Ghost to nuke a point with "Order unit" trigger action. Click on the "(" to change the type of the order.
Worked perfectly.

One last question: when the Academy that built a nuke is destroyed, is the Nuke destroyed with it?
(I want to prevent players that have built Nukes but didn't use it from using it in other levels by destroying their Academy.)



None.

Dec 13 2012, 2:02 am Ahli Post #6

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from payne
One last question: when the Academy that built a nuke is destroyed, is the Nuke destroyed with it?
(I want to prevent players that have built Nukes but didn't use it from using it in other levels by destroying their Academy.)
It should be destroyed with it. That's how it should work in melee...




Dec 13 2012, 2:52 am payne Post #7

:payne:

Quote from Ahli
Quote from payne
One last question: when the Academy that built a nuke is destroyed, is the Nuke destroyed with it?
(I want to prevent players that have built Nukes but didn't use it from using it in other levels by destroying their Academy.)
It should be destroyed with it. That's how it should work in melee...
I never play melee. :awesome:

:lock: Solved :lock:



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lifebot