Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Making Units Attack like Desert Strike?
Making Units Attack like Desert Strike?
Dec 3 2012, 8:48 pm
By: IceWarrior98  

Dec 3 2012, 8:48 pm IceWarrior98 Post #1



How do I make units attack move and use abilities like in maps like Desert Strike or Nexus Wars.



None.

Dec 3 2012, 10:33 pm Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Attack move:
You order units to attack a point after you created them. You need to click on the "(" to being able to alter the order type to an order that has a target point. Then you can select it.

Unit - Order all units in ('Last created units') to ( 'Attack' targeting 'POINT"') (Replace Existing Orders)

Using abilities much harder. For some abilities, you can try to alter the autocast filters and validators to change when an ability is casted. You could try and trigger the ability usage via orders, too.
This is not an easy task.




Dec 4 2012, 4:26 am IceWarrior98 Post #3



Okay I've been playing with auto cast and the best I could do was get a sentry to cast guardian shield after it's been hit by an attack. I want to make it so it casts when an enemy is within a certain range (I made the cast range 9). And then I tried making an infestor auto-cast but it won't even bother.

Update:

I've made a lot more progress using triggers to auto cast for me. I've gotten the sentry to use guardian shield when a trigger detects any unit with the ability acquiring a target. Probably not the most optimized way of doing things but it's the best I could do. And it works flawlessly.

Problem is though I can only make it work with abilities that don't have targets. For instance. I tried it with an Infestor to make him cast Infested Terran at a point (the point being between the Infestor and it's opponant) but it doesn't cast. I think the trigger itself isn't firing because the event isn't a valid event. I made it trigger when a unit acquires the infestor.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 4 2012, 7:43 pm by IceWarrior98.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: City, sarahtaylor